Event Sales Executive, Boca By Design
Company: The Boca Raton
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The ideal candidate: Provide and design all d--cor arrangements,
including linen, music and landscaping rentals as used by the
resort in public areas, outlets and banquet facilities. To promote
the sale of d--cor for individual guests, primarily group business
and to write proposals. Develop relationships and bring business in
from off property locations and planners. Handle Activities and
tours as well as coordinate for the client on property our
-participate in site visits
-Respond to RFP's in a timely manner
Job duties include, although are not limited to: Assimilate into a
Five Star PRIDE/CARE culture through understanding, supporting and
participating in all elements of PRIDE/CARE. Demonstrate working
knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by owners from time to time, is essential to the
successful performance of this position.
To provide, design and service d--cor products for the Resort and
off site locations. Local accounts and its clients / guests while
meeting their highest expectations and creating an additional
profit center for the Resort.
Production installation crews and floral designers. Also to
orchestrate and oversee the installation & removal of vendors
subcontracted decor & entertainment. Oversees day to day duties of
the social assistant.
Average percent of Time
Meeting with Clients and writing proposals..
On installations, overseeing, personal deliveries.
Coordinating with Floral and production execution of events.
Attend department meetings for review of events and
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the
particular requirements of the company.
Reports to Dir of Sales/Operations for Boca By Design. Production
installation crews and floral designers. Also to orchestrate and
oversee the installation & removal of vendors subcontracted decor &
entertainment. Oversees day to day duties of the social
Has regular contact with Clients on and off property, vendors,
members and guests.
* Meet with clients both in-house and off site.
* Promote BBD designed events.
* Cost, write and price proposals for themed events.
* Send and Insure client's receipt of proposals timely.
* Follow up with clients and vendors about proposed items, to
insure clear and concise understanding of proposals.
* Alert and involve Production, Floral and Production Installation
Crews, of proposed items on a timely basis.
* Follow up with Internal and External Departments concerning
proposed dates, times and details of events (i.e.: Convention or
Catering Manager, AV, Banquets, Set Up, etc.).
* Follow up with Purchasing Agent and Vendors concerned with
specific product needed for proposals.
* Insure that Proposed Items are available and ready for
installation of the event, including: Custom Art Work, Specialty
Items (linens, chairs, scenery, props, etc.)
* Insure that client has responded and committed to proposed items
in a timely fashion to facilitate all departments to prepare for
the event, without incurring extra ordinary labor or material costs
* Lead the installation of events to insure proposal and client's
vision is delivered.
* Insure that all hired decor and talent are on site and ready for
event start time.
* Follow up with client, to insure satisfaction and success of
event within 24 business hours of the event.
* Assist, when needed, in production departments to insure proposed
items are ready and available for events.
* Assist other sales managers when needed, with events when they
are over scheduled.
* Forecast and Secure future business and develop future business
* Assist Catering, Convention and Hotel Sales Department Managers
in Promoting Boca By Design and the Hotel for prospective
* Develop mailings, marketing material, outside solicitation, phone
sales to grow new business.
* Follow up with billing inquiries or questions with both client
and business manager in a prompt and professional manner.
* Promote and Inspire Creativity with all staff in the production
and sales divisions.
* Instruct and Promote safe and appropriate work standards for all
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by
* -book entertainment
* -participate in site visits to promote the resort and BBD
* -Respond to RFP's in a timely manner
* College Degree Required.
* Minimum Three years working knowledge of the d--cor design
business operations and flowers. Two years experience in sales for
special events. Knowledge of hotel service business, selling of
d--cor, proposal writing and services.
* The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
* Excellent communication and guest relation skills.
* Knowledge of hotel service business, selling of d--cor, proposal
writing and services.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing
work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or
safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will
be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is
your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or
equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop or bend for duration of shift (at
least eight hours).
Personal computer, calculator, copy machine, telephones,
walkie-talkies, facsimile, cellular phone. Computer Literate.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of
clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation
The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week,
twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality
business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with
hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of
hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subjected to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create
a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status,
marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other
non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Boca Raton, FL 33432: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Events management: 2 years (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Boca Raton, Boca Raton , Event Sales Executive, Boca By Design, Sales , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!