Senior Construction Estimator
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: March 13, 2023
- BlueTeam***This position is based out of Boca Raton, FL***We
are---BlueTeam -is a U.S. based service provider specializing in
commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic
and international - and our clients are the world's premier
commercial portfolio owners and operators.We are a turnkey provider
for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and
we continue to grow our services to meet our clients' needs. Our
continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance
and transparent billing practices have allowed -BlueTeam -to become
and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality,
senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property
sectors.Join the exciting BlueTeam! We are presently seeking a
highly motivated, goal orientated and efficient -Senior
Construction Estimator -to join our growing team in the capital
projects division. The Senior Construction Estimator reports into
the Division Director and is accountable for Project Delivery
involving project planning, budgeting, estimating, organizing,
scheduling, client relationships, and profitability. The tasks
involved include, but are not limited to, are project estimates,
submittals, subcontract writing, budget development, oversight,
scheduling, analysis, pricing labor and materials, vendor
management, change order processing, document control, etc. - -What
you'll do---. -PRE-CONSTRUCTION
- Provide project support to Project Managers on multiple
projects, complete cost estimates for competitive bids and
negotiated proposals, budgeting, cost tracking, and forecast
- Prepare and coordinate cost gathering for ROM and Contract Cost
- Read and interpret floor plans and schematics and scale the
project tasks accordingly.
- Reads and outlines project specifications.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid
meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Travel to the project site as necessary to collect pertinent
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact
with contractors to request information about the projects.
- Supports the distribution of plans and specifications to
- Supports vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitation and
- Writes scope of work for the various trades during bidding
phase and upon award, with ultimate responsibility of final
evaluation and negotiation of Subcontracts.
- Prepares material and other costs summary for quotes from
- Utilizes knowledge of the project schedule and logistics in
- Collaborates with operations to provide constructability and
coordination reviews of project documents.
- Develop a project schedule from bid document information.
- Provides system analysis of building components and assists
operations staff on project logistics, staging, phasing plans and
- Reviews financial risk to the company and ensures fee
enhancements are within estimates, including contract risk.
Partners with operations to assess and mitigate risk.
- Presents and sells estimates, proposals and participates in
project procurement presentations.
- Write, distribute, coordinate and track RFI's.
- Review all trade specific RFI's for potential, cost and/or
- Understanding of different contracts and purchase orders;
provisions, terms, language, insurance requirements, claim
resolutions, and warranty.
- Collaborate and build effective working relationships both
internally and externally.
- Review and understand the Project Estimate; develop and manage
cost control and document control procedures for each project.
- Review, understand, and comply with all the requirements of the
contract between owner and contractor.
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Coordinating with the Project Manager, Superintendents, and
subcontractors to develop the project schedule.
- Applies knowledge of subcontractor market and how to prequalify
- Assure that subcontractors comply with insurance and bonding
- Conduct Site-Walks and create subsequent write-ups (for
example, with PowerPoint).
- Attend and provide pre-construction status at OAC (Owner,
Architect, and Contractor) meetings.
- Aid compilation of and review all subcontractor scopes during
the buyout process.
- During the buy-out, validate that subcontractors scope matches
the proposed project scope to cover all areas.
- Coordinate project setup.COURSE OF CONSTRUCTION
- Ensure all project goals are met.
- Assist the PM team when Change Orders are determined. Lead the
initiative to collect all CO costs form subs and prepare a CO
- Review field inspection reports and communicate deficiencies to
- Attend OAC meetings.
- Review submittals including shop drawings.
- Maintain, if applicable, communication/coordination with
- Other duties as assigned by Directors and
- Coordinates feasibility studies on life-cycle costs of building
- Leads efforts to assemble, analyze and store project cost
- Schedule, run and effectively document meetings.
- Follow all procedures and policies of the company.
- Plan, manage, direct, and instruct the estimating team so that
coverage is provided.
- Create and evaluate process flows and recommend
- Teach and provide training to the construction personnel in the
policies, procedures, systems, and technical construction
techniques used by the company. -
- Assist in the recruiting, pre-qualifying and interviewing of
- Assist in the onboarding and mentoring of new Estimators.
- Manage timelines to ensure timely submittal of required
- Maintain manageable workloads per individual team members.
- Perform team member reviews.What you'll need---
- Experience as an Estimator in general construction.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance
practices, procedures and techniques as well as applicable local,
state and federal building codes and legislation.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, time management, be proactive,
and deadline/detailed oriented.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as
work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
- Ability to provide conceptual estimates from historic
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key vendors and
- Develop and maintain relationships with Clients and follow
- Ability to handle high volume of work and keep deadlines.
- Work with Managers to understand scope of work and translate
into estimating process.
- Ability to solve client concerns and speak expertly on the
- Must be familiar with general contracting procedures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of construction estimating and scheduling
- Must demonstrate managerial skills appropriate with this
- Must be PC proficient.
- Software Skills:
- Estimating, ProEst, Xactimate or equivalent is a Plus
- Bidding, Building Connected experience is a Plus
- Procore, PM Management experience is Required
- Schedule, Proficient in Microsoft Project, or other software
equivalent is a Plus
- Budget, Change Orders, RFI's
- Meetings, Reports
- Drawings, Documents, Blue Beam
- Microsoft Office Suite: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
- AcrobatEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university; or
-ten -(10+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. -
- Minimum of six years of construction experience with at least
three years of Estimating experience.What you'll get in return---
Competitive Salary.Full range of
Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability
(STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life
Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).
-About -Blue Team:BlueTeam's Mission is to cultivate and maintain
mutually beneficial relationships with our clients. In order to
accomplish that mission, BlueTeam strives to be mindful, respectful
and understanding of our clients and their business needs.Becoming
valuable partners with our clients starts with building the best
team possible: recruiting top talent, training them, supporting
them, listening to them, and empowering them to help our clients
solve their restoration, construction and roofing needs. BlueTeam
is not just a "team" but a family based on our core values:
integrity, transparency, and accountability.We believe that with
quality people and teamwork, we will achieve our goals of being a
successful and well-structured profitable organization that will
treat our clients fairly and with mutual respect, while recognizing
our staff for their efforts and contributions.BlueTeam is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: BlueTeam, Boca Raton , Senior Construction Estimator, Professions , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...