Data Center Operations Technician
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Requirements:We are looking for a personable, energetic
technician who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal
candidate will have strong attention to detail and be ready to jump
in on day one.The Data Center Operations Technician will be part of
a team supporting operations and will be responsible for setup,
monitoring, and maintenance of the data center hardware and
infrastructure. The Operations Center Technician will be
responsible for customer and data center operations support. This
role operates in a 24/7 environment which requires flexibility to
work any shift. Responsibilities:
- Uses monitoring applications in conjunction with ticketing
systems to support business users and data center operations
- Continual observation and monitoring of data center
- Conduct triage and provide Level 1 support for trouble
- Generating trouble tickets for Tiers 2 and 3 support. May route
issues or incidents to application, system support and network
- Perform daily and weekly backups
- Oversee data file transfers with card brands and 3rd party
- Monitor maintenance activities and provide notifications.
- Assembly, troubleshooting, and configuration of servers,
firewalls, switches, etc.
- Installing various operating systems and applying base
- Perform hardware firmware upgrades and learn new hardware
- Rack servers, install cabling, and assist with other
- Deploy complex, highly available infrastructure and
- Develop and maintain operational process and procedures.
- Follow documented processes and procedures and suggest changes
- Track inventory and maintain accurate recordkeeping.
- Test and troubleshoot hardware.
- Perform audits of datacenter infrastructure.
- Assist with additional duties as instructed by
leadership/senior techs on the team. Skills, Competencies, and
- 2+ years relevant experience.
- Solid working knowledge of computer hardware.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent diagnostic skills.
- Proven customer service acumen.
- Solid working knowledge of various Linux operating systems
- Proven experience managing Windows Servers.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Understanding of different RAID configurations.
- Ability to setup and configure various operating systems.
- Ability to appropriately set up and decommission hardware
within the constraints of the data center.
Keywords: TalentPartners, Boca Raton , Data Center Operations Technician, Professions , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!