FLOAT Incenter Dialysis Patient Care Technician (PCT)
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description Boca Raton, Florida Job ID R0018776 Available
Openings 1 PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Functions as part of the hemodialysis
health care team in providing safe and effective dialysis therapy
for patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse in
accordance with FMCNA policies procedures and training and in
compliance with regulations set forth by the corporation state and
federal agencies. Responsible for the setup and operation of
hemodialysis machines. Assist in the maintenance of a safe and
clean working environment. Supports the FMCNA commitment to the
Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and CQI Activities including
those related to patient satisfaction and actively participates in
process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that
patients will achieve the FMC Quality Enhancement Goals (QEP).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Patient Education: * Assist
other health care members in providing patient specific detailed
education regarding adequacy measures where appropriate - Online
Clearance Monitoring (OLC) Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP) Urea
Kinetic Modeling (UKM) and regarding disease process/access.
Patient Treatment: * Welcome assigned patients and inquire as to
their well-being since their last treatment.
* Evaluate vascular access for patency.
* Obtain necessary pre and post treatment vital signs and
* Perform vascular access evaluation pre-treatment.
* Perform vascular access cannulation.
* Perform administration of Heparin as delegated or as allowed by
* Initiate dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders
including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
* Evaluate intradialytic problems and provide intervention as
prescribed by physician order or as directed.
* Monitor patients' response to dialysis therapy.
* Obtain vital signs prior to reinfusion; perform all relevant
functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment -
* Discontinue dialysis treatment according to established
* Evaluate patient prior to termination of venous access - standing
& sitting blood pressure.
* Obtain Hemostasis and apply appropriate dressings.
* Evaluate the patient prior to discharge.
* Perform and record Pre and Post dialysis evaluation weight and
vital signs with initial identification.
* Responsible for calculating and entry of individual patients'
dialysis machine programming for Ultrafiltration (UF) goal;
treatment time; Sodium (Na) modeling; and UF modeling as
* Responsible for ensuring appropriate safety alarms are enabled
including Narrow Venous Limits (NVL) 160.
* Record accurate and timely information regarding vital signs and
treatment parameters onto the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet with
* Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to
patient treatment including completion of Hemodialysis Treatment
Sheet and if applicable progress notes.
* Report any significant information and/or change in patient
condition directly to the PCT III (if applicable) or nurse
* Observe patient and conduct machine safety checks according to
facility policy. Report any change or unusual findings to the PCT
III (if applicable) or nurse supervisor.
* Perform and document any intervention for unusual patient status
and document patients' response to intervention.
* Evaluate patients' vascular access during treatment including
arterial and venous monitoring pressures provide appropriate
intervention as needed document and report any unusual findings to
the PCT III (if applicable) or nurse supervisor.
* Obtain all prescribed laboratory testing and prepare specimens
for collection. Maintenance/Technical: * Maintain environmental
integrity and aesthetics - ensure all areas are safe and clean.
* Clean and disinfect dialysis machine surface chair equipment and
surrounding area between treatments according to facility
* Conduct all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis
treatment and document where appropriate.
* Perform all required pretreatment dialysis machine alarm testing
including Pressure Holding (PHT). * Initiate Solution Delivery
System (SDS) system. * Ensure that all blood spills are immediately
cleaned with appropriate disinfectant according to facility policy.
* Prepare organize and efficiently utilize supplies and equipment
to prevent wastage. Record Keeping: * Complete and document ongoing
participation in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities. *
Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical application
in an accurate and timely manner. * Review treatment sheets for
completeness ensure nursing signatures are documented and ensure
omitted entries are completed or corrected where appropriate. *
Prepare initial patient chart for admission and compile paperwork
for appropriate placement in chart. * Prepare lab requisitions for
prescribed or stat Lab specimens according to laboratory
destination. * Collect label appropriately prepare and store lab
samples according required laboratory specifications. * Ensure
collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: * The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. * Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color
Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the
Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The
Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be
made. * Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work
and interaction with patients facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required. * The work environment is
characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature
control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and
contagious diseases/materials. * The position provides direct
patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of
patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment aids and/or
coworkers may provide assistance. This position requires frequent
prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend
over. The employee may occasionally be required to move with
assistance machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
There is a two-person assist program and material assist devices
for the heavier items. EDUCATION AND LICENSES: * High School
diploma or G.E.D. required. * Must meet Center for
Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS)-approved state and/or national
certification requirements within the required state or CMS
timeline. * All appropriate state licensure education and training
(if any) required. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: * At least two
years previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or a
related facility preferred. * Continued employment is dependent on
successful completion of the FMCNA dialysis training program and
successful completion of CPR certification. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Boca Raton , FLOAT Incenter Dialysis Patient Care Technician (PCT), Professions , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!