Strategic Sourcing Buyer - Indirect
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: January 12, 2022
What you will do
As a Buyer in Procurement, you will lead the implementation of
corporate initiatives and create and/or identify cost savings
projects in plants and engage the improvement of the trade working
capital. This position is responsible for an annual indirect
material spend from $60-125 Million across multiple (10+)
How you will do it
* Implements supply chain strategies provided by corporate
procurement. Evaluates savings opportunities, launches initiatives
and manages implementation as a project manager. Focuses on
indirect spend categories such as MRO, OEM spare parts, Forklifts,
* Meet or exceed annual goals related to cost and trade working
* Propose and report Regional/Low spend Category strategies to
support site purchased material
* Interpolate and cleanse (validate spend and align category code)
for site spends
* Implement strategies and actions to reduce suppliers,
standardization and/or demand management
* Prepare, review and analyze RFx documents, lead the negotiation
process with suppliers
* Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of key metrics.
* Support trade working capital improvement and associated ERP
* Ensure compliance with JCI BOS and SOX procedures
* Clearly understand the needs of the plants, spend control and
analytics by plant to provide inputs to the Category team about
existing strategies or new strategies. Create and fill the roadmap
of the assigned plants and keep the reports accurate.
* Resolves escalation issues and find resolution including contract
* Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and
intermediate level employees.
* Interfaces between other Business units, corporate procurement
and manufacturing facilities
* Proactive work with local indirect buyers to identify
* Purchases assigned items at the best cost from reliable sources,
following established standards for quality, quantity, and other
factory requirements of the business
* Advises management of improvements on standard materials and
equipment, price changes, marketing changes and source changes
What we look for
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* Three years or more of manufacturing experience in planning,
project management or purchasing.
* Indirect procurement experience.
* Good PC / software knowledge/skills Proficiency in Excel.
* Experience in cost analysis, strong analytical skills & business
* Proficiency in ERP/MRP and its impact on a multi-plant supply
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and hold others
* Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize organizational
goals with the needs of the customer.
* Can review projects, monitor and analyze progress and make and/or
recommend changes as required.
* Perform a situational appraisal and implement a solution.
* High level negotiation skills, Self-Management,
* Flexibility to travel up to 30% (global and domestic)
Bachelor's degree specifically in the following: Supply Chain,
Logistics, and Operations Management.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Boca Raton , Strategic Sourcing Buyer - Indirect, Professions , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!