Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 20, 2023
#nowhiringLutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world
where children are safe, families are strong, and communities are
vibrant.LSF is looking for a talented Counselor who wants to make
an impact in the lives of others.Purpose and Impact:The Counselor
assists in the provision of services to families by providing
individual and family counseling, case management services to
include but are not limited to referrals, follow-up, advocacy,
- Assist in the provision of individual, group, and family
counseling to youth and their families within the home and
communities of the clients.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling to families in crisis,
- Assist in the completion of comprehensive assessments of
families in crisis.
- Perform case management duties and be accessible via pager to
assigned clients on a 24-hour basis.
- Provide direct support to client families in implementing their
case plan through constructive, active participation in family
- Teach and assist parents in meeting the physical, mental, and
emotional needs of their children.
- Maintain an active caseload as assigned.
- Assist in the coordination of other community-based services to
advocate the needs of clients on the caseload.
- Assist in the provision of appropriate referrals for clients
and assist in linkage to those referrals as necessary.
- Maintain professional communications and teamwork as
appropriate contacts occur with the referral agency.
- Serve as advocate for family preservation/unity.
- Assist in the provision of follow-up monitoring and services to
families on closed case status.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision sessions, and inter-agency
staffing on clients as required.
- Compile required reports on families in caseload and submit to
supervisor in a timely manner, including progress notes, reports to
appropriate agencies (e.g. DJJ & C & F) and courts as the needs
- Adhere to professional standards and ethics.
- Serves as a referral liaison by presenting agency services to
schools and community agencies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Other Functions:Perform other
duties as assigned.Physical Requirements:
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and be flexible
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto
insurance.Education:Masters Degree in Human Services
field.Experience:Two or more years experience in adolescent and
family counseling, facilitating group sessions, and performing
intake, psychosocial/risk assessments. Experience with troubled
youth and their families.Skills:
- Good written and verbal communication, time management,
organizational and interpersonal leadership skills. Ability to
function in a team setting, and professionally serve a diverse
multi-cultural client population.
- Dependability, discretion, and good judgement are essential.
Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective
relationships with co-workers and the general public. Must be able
to function in the community without the presence of direct
supervision. Must be able to maintain high level of professional
responsibility in reporting activities, conduct and schedule to
supervisor.Other:Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service
populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and
- Reports to Clinical Director.
- Team player with co-workers, administrators, and school
- Innovative delivery of counseling services and referrals.
- Provision of accurate case records.
- Adherence to Agency policies and procedures.Why work for
LSF?LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a
wide range of populations in need.?Mission Driven staff members
become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of
those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as
they explore areas of interest within the?organization.?Amazing
benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teladoc (24/7 access to doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursementLutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Boca Raton , Counselor (6226), Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!