Company: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Description Summary
The Room Attendant (RA) works with the Housekeeping Management Team
to clean guest rooms and public space areas, and/or work in the
commercial laundry facility, in accordance with brand time, product
and placement standards to ensure total guest satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure
corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to
established standards and procedures including making beds,
dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing
trash, etc. May include cleaning the kitchen area, room
refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be
sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to
supervisor according to established procedures.
- When assigned to laundry, monitor laundry supplies and
equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working order.
Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and
manufacturers' guidelines. Receive soiled linens and inspect for
damaged or stained items. Fold and store clean linens, report
damages to supervisor.
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Handle all lost and found items according to established
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Some previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred;
other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
Additional Job Information/Anticipated
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Boca Raton , House Attendant, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!