Specialist, Print Sample Sr
Company: Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Specialist, Print Sample Sr
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Possesses specialized knowledge or skills in a particular functional area. A fully qualified, seasoned professional with a full understanding of the job role who works on more complicated issues facing the department. Receives general instruction from manager on new assignments but little to no direction in day-to-day work. Typically reports to a Manager or Senior Manager, and may mentor or supervise one or two less experienced professional staff.
At the heart of it all, showcasing the power and potential of print to the masses is a major part of your professional persona. As a scientific and technical-minded authority in printing pre-sales/post-sales support, you know what it takes to make a lasting impression not just on the output of an impressive lineup of products, but on the everyday operators who utilize them. Harnessing a diligent demeanor and the expertise to properly evaluate print media samples, you're a natural at finding concrete answers to complex questions.
Sound a lot like you?
If so, Canon Solutions America, a leader in print technology, software, and solutions, has a spot for you. We've anxiously awaiting the opportunity to bring a passionate Senior Print Sample Specialist onboard. In this on-site position, we need a proven print enthusiast who can take charge of the second shift to produce captivating print samples from our comprehensive portfolio. From preflight responsibilities to color management control, you'll help shine the spotlight on our capabilities to prospective clients and current customers.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, stop the presses and let us know why you're the perfect fit for this position by submitting your application today!
THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION IN BOCA RATON, FL
2ND SHIFT 1-9PM
We're actively searching for a prime candidate to take the lead in:
- Receiving, labeling, and analyzing media samples. This may include the operation of printing equipment and print production.
- Executing laboratory testing according to standard procedures and following strict safety and sanitation guidelines, while also conducting intricate experiments under defined conditions to approve or deny various hypotheses incorporating refined scientific methods.
- Recording all data and results in specified forms (both paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility, and identifying various media characteristics not limited to weight, opacity, finish, coatings, and brightness.
- Creating and distributing technical documents through collaboration with senior colleagues.
- Operating and loading media and setting print equipment to required specifications for analysis.
- Delivering training workshops and collaborating on the development of new laboratory procedures.
- Conducting basic color analysis and performance metrics on media and creating ICC Color Profiles.
Modifying and creating impositions and layout requirements in dynamic TDM or Commercial Print environments while also supporting customers with advanced color workflow issues
- Creates ICC Color Profiles.
- Corrects or creates Impositions and Layout requirements in TDM or Commercial print environments.
- Supports customers with advanced color workflow issues.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, as well as five years of related experience required.
- A wealth of experience in pre-sales/post-sales support within dynamic office and/or production environments.
- A strong knowledge of media, including MSDS, industry requirements in TDM and commercial printing, and manufacturing related to paper for printing.
- A solid grasp of color concepts, including experience in offset, inkjet, and/or toner printing; Adobe Creative Suite within color printing environments; and Enfocus PitStop or similar color management tools for file and color corrections.
- A robust knowledge of the theory of four-color process printing and the capacity to illustrate its concepts.
- A distinct familiarity with the network print server platform and RIP, along with media characteristics and manufacturing comprehension.
- A proven history of proficiently utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to regularly lift heavy paper cartons (up to 50 lbs.) and relocate rolls of paper.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.
#li-rb1 #pm20 #LI-Onsite
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Canon U.S.A., Inc., Boca Raton , Specialist, Print Sample Sr, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
here to apply!