Solar Sales Specialist
Company: ADT Solar LLC
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: March 19, 2023
At ADT Solar, we are passionate about solar energy and
everything it has to offer you as well as the planet. It s our
mission to offer a sustainable source of energy to homeowners
across the U.S. It s all part of how we make life sunnier.In fact,
our commitment to this mission has been recognized by industry
leaders like Solar Power World Magazine, which ranked us #2 on its
Top Residential Solar Installer list in 2021. ADT Solar (formerly
Sunpro Solar) has been installing solar panels on residential
properties since 2007. In fact, we started as a roofing company
which sets us apart when it comes to care for your home, and roof!
Since 2007, we have established ourselves as one of the leading
providers of rooftop solar energy systems in the U.S.Our dedicated
team stands behind the products we sell and our work. We back up
this conviction with strong warranties that help protect our
customers. Just like solar energy, we re in it for the long haul
with you, your family and your home.At ADT Solar, our Home Energy
Consultant conducts sales activities and serves as a direct point
of contact for our customers. They are responsible for ensuring
customer needs and expectations are met, conducting a preliminary
survey of home s viability for solar, preparing sales proposals and
presentations, and working with customers to complete the necessary
documentation required for the sale.Supervisory and Reporting
Structure This position reports to the Territory Sales Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Sells business unit products to owners or agents of homes.
- Communicates courteously with customers to ensure needs and
expectations are met.
- Conducts home surveys to assess home viability for solar
installation, including photographing and documenting home
- Prepares sales proposals and presentations to obtain a sale
contract and necessary documents.
- Covers sales leads and develops sales leads creatively in
- Records accurate measurements and writes correct descriptions
of homes inspected.
- Prepares appropriate specifications and computes system costs
through company software.
- Executes contracts on behalf of the company, observing company
policy as to credit terms of sale.
- Manages collection efforts on up-front payments.
- Advises customers about solar system additions including
mounts, batteries, and other system upgrades.
- Contacts customers throughout installation process to ensure
customer satisfaction and develop referrals.
- Reports unusual requests from customers or questions not
immediately answerable to direct manager.
- Maintains customer information in Salesforce.
- Completes appropriate training courses assigned.Job
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Maintains knowledge of solar system and solar industry
- Attends all required Company/Team meetings.
- Remains up to date on all required Company training.
- Obtains and maintains relevant licenses as required by federal,
state, or local regulations for solar sales and any other business
unit product and services.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
in the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Skill in creating sales leads.
- Maintains appearance of uniform as directed by company
- Maintains a valid driver s license.
- Authorized to work in the United States. Performance
ExpectationsThe Home Energy Consultant III must meet a minimum of 2
self-generated/referral sales per month. Employees with assigned
quotas that do not meet established commission compensation sales
expectations on a consistent basis are subject to disciplinary
action, up to and including termination. Physical Requirements The
physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to perform the essential functions to this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. Move up to 10 pounds occasionally,
by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment
such as computers, phones, etc.
- Repetitive hand motions, including movement of the wrists,
hands, and fingers during normal working environment.
- Ability and willingness to climb ladders and stairs to survey
customer homes and attic space.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken
word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and
receive detailed information through oral communication at usual
speaking levels without correction.
- Close visual acuity to perform detail-oriented activities at
distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform
activities at or within arm s reach with skill, control, and
accuracy, such as preparing an analyzing data, viewing computer
screen and expansive reading.
- Incumbent working conditions: change of building environment
such as with or without air conditioning and heating. Home survey
will include walking outside of customers home and being subject to
outside temperatures. Business ConductEmployees are expected to act
at all times in a lawful and ethical manner. Without limiting the
foregoing, participants are expected to abide fully by ADT Solar s
Code of Conduct governing, among other things, proper conduct in
business dealings. Employees are expected to keep accurate,
reliable records at all times. Sales transactions must be correctly
and promptly recorded in the company s database/records. Employees
may not use any report or record to mislead customers, manipulate
information, conceal anything improper or perform any type of
fraudulent activity. Any sales or incentives that are derived from,
or as a result of, unlawful and or/or unethical conduct shall not
be considered earned and shall subject the participant to
disciplinary action up to and including termination.ADT is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a
variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. ADT strives to
ensure every employee and applicant feels valued. Visit us at
jobs.adt.com/diversity to learn more.
ADT is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety
of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. ADT strives to ensure
every employee and applicant feels valued. Visit us at
jobs.adt.com/diversity to learn more. Associated topics: leader,
manager, sales director, sales executive, sales management, shift
lead, supervisor, team lead, team leader, territory manager
Keywords: ADT Solar LLC, Boca Raton , Solar Sales Specialist, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...