Internal Admissions Coordinator (FLSA non-exempt)
Company: Avante at Boca Raton
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Avante at Boca Raton -
The Internal Admissions Coordinator represents the facility with
the area hospitals and
other medical professionals. A member of the marketing team and an
important part of the
overall team approach in the facility.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, orally and
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, visitors and the general public.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing admission
- Software knowledge - Outlook, Excel, Word
- Must understand and be up to date with the Federal and State
regulations for SNF's related to admissions.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to read and write in English
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:
- Assessment of all referrals- communicate with appropriate
- Communicate with case manager/online systems regarding pending
- Maintain all appropriate documentation on all accepted residents,
to include 3008, PASRR, FL2, UAI
- Provide Business Office Manager with all financial documentation
prior to admit.
- Utilize IRM in tracking all referrals and potential
- Initiate the Admission Notification form to be distributed upon
- Initiate the Discharge Notification form to be distributed upon
- Verify all Insurances on all potential admissions
- Obtain authorization and levels on all applicable admissions
- Completion of Admission Inquiry Tool
- Complete admission paperwork within 48 hours of admission
- Coordinate with family and physician on the necessary information
required to admit resident.
- Communicate with external facilities and hospitals on bed
Avant-- provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, Veterans' status, national origin, gender
identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, disability,
gender, genetic information or any other category protected by law.
In additional to federal requirements, Avant-- complies with
applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Avant-- expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, Veterans' status or any other
category protected by law. Improper interference with the ability
of Avant--'s employees to perform their job duties may result in
discipline, up to and including, discharge.
Keywords: Avante at Boca Raton, Boca Raton , Internal Admissions Coordinator (FLSA non-exempt), Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!