Community Engagement Specialist
Company: Gift of Life Marrow Registry
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 20, 2022
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. SPANISH
SPEAKING PREFERRED.At Gift of Life we believe every person battling
blood cancer deserves a second chance at life - and we are
determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about
engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing
blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial
supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one
life-changing swab, and one huge win - finding a match and a
cure.MISSIONThe Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer
through cellular therapy.Summary StatementThe Community Engagement
Specialist manages donor recruitment activities. The position's
primary responsibility is to educate and recruit volunteer blood
stem cell donors onto the Gift of Life Registry in keeping with
organizational standards, quality, and regulatory requirements and
established recruitment goals. The Recruitment Specialist
establishes, builds, and maintains relationships with individuals
for the purpose of recruiting and enrolling volunteer donors onto
the Gift of Life Registry.Education -Minimum Bachelor's
- Networks and foster relationships (new/existing) with high
schools, colleges/universities, technical schools, patients and
families, corporations, and other community-based organizations and
coalitions to develop bone marrow registration drives to increase
the size and diversity of the national bone marrow registry
- Identify faculty, staff, and student organizations to support
the Gift of Life Marrow Registry and/or other high schools,
college, and university recruitment and fundraising programs.
- Provides assistance to the Event Coordinator to facilitate
community involvement in Gift of Life's activities.
- Invites qualifying individuals to join the national registry
and provide registration instructions.
- Coordinates recruitment drives including logistics, supplies,
volunteer help, education, fundraising, and media coverage, when
appropriate. Drives include patient-driven, community, high school,
campus, convention, and corporate recruitment initiatives.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to obtain support from the
community for bone marrow recruitment drives and events
- Markets and promotes recruitment and fundraising programs
throughout the entire assigned region.
- Attends recruitment drives and special events.
- Work with local businesses on fundraising projects.
- Works with Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to develop and
manage volunteer network for recruitment initiatives
- Assists in updating drive coordinators' recruitment guides,
educational publications, brochures, and flyers
- Adhere to Gift of Life Marrow Registry's recruitment SOPs and
- Develop and implement action plans, manage time, and plan
accordingly to ensure goals are met.
- Initiate, develop, and implement programs designed to increase
- Trains volunteer recruiters as requested or required
- Travel is also required.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the
programKnowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum two years' background in marketing and/or sales
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, phone etiquette, and sense of
- Strong research abilities, including Internet-based
- Very capable with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Motivated and goal-oriented self-starter
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel out of town to
donor drives as needed
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of compassion and sensitivity
when dealing with patients, their families, and their
friendsPhysical DemandsThis position is basically sedentary with
some walking, -standing, -stooping, and lifting required.
Occasional lifting of objects weighing in excess of 20 pounds.This
job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. -Duties and/or
responsibilities may be added or deleted as management requires
them to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. -
Keywords: Gift of Life Marrow Registry, Boca Raton , Community Engagement Specialist, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!