Merger and Integration Vice President
Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Our healthcare client is seeking to hire an experienced leader
to manage the integration of acquired medical groups and individual
practices into their corporate umbrella and infrastructure. The
ideal candidate will have significant experience leading post-close
M&A work, preferably in healthcare or financial services, and
will bring significant skill in the realm of change management,
communication across stakeholders and program management across an
The Vice President, Integration will be accountable for:
- leading and managing the integration process for new practices
following their affiliation with our client’s organization
- institutionalizing best practices for integration in a playbook
- driving acquisition growth with scale and automation through a
connected end-to-end process from “the deal” to the integration and
to the downstream operations
What Success Looks Like:
- Physician and stakeholder satisfaction and engagement
throughout 18-24mo post-close – with expectations set and managed
via a roadmap with clear goals and focus areas and informed by
pre-close discussions; minimize disruptions to practices.
- Solid and consistent execution against a robust project plan,
including interdependencies, with the ability to customize plans
based on local market nuances and other organizational needs.
- Strong Communication and Collaboration across internal and
external partners to drive results and develop solutions as issues
and risks arise.
- Long-term success of the practices integrated based on
successful system migrations, financial performance and growth, and
stakeholder alignment and satisfaction.
Critical focus areas for this role:
- Assess and strengthen overall capability to support successful
integration of medical practices including:
- Program management and execution– including
detailed project plans with clear accountability and
interdependencies of all aspects of the integration: systems
migration, governance, hiring/talent/services offered to drive
value, compliance and a roadmap to success and growth.
- Communication, stakeholder management and change
management – synthesizing information and articulating the
key information in the right way and time to various stakeholder
groups (articulating a clear what, so what and now what);
understanding the difference between internal view of priorities
vs. the view for external stakeholders; deploying a “drip method”
around change management to gauge the amount of change possible,
maintain focus on the big picture and manage through
disruptions/noise by setting clear expectations
- Inspiration and leadership- garnering
engagement and support across internal and external teams and
stakeholders to support a successful integration.
- Strategic planning for integration for
platform deals and tuck-in deals to tie the above together and
ensure a management process is in place to get feedback,
pause/reflect and implement lessons learned into the go-forward
- Financial growth and performance- tie the
proforma model to the forecasted revenue and cost for the practice;
identify opportunities and risks on performance and work across
team to develop solutions.
- Build out “playbook” to support automation and scalability for
integration planning for platform and tuck-in deals that includes:
- Program management – complex project management, including
- Change Management Strategy that balances disruption to the
practices with good news/growth for the practices
- Communications- internally and externally to drive alignment,
stakeholder engagement, and set expectations around integration
- Key Questions to diligence that may inform scope of services,
integration plan and goals/roadmap for integration.
- Financial Performance- understand the proforma model and its
driving assumptions for the deals and tie the model to
- Drive acquisition growth and drive automation and scale with
alignment between upfront messaging/deal terms and downstream
- Sit “at the table” with Business Development and prospects to
understand “current state” of platform and tuck-in groups, develop
strategy to win the deal and tie all conversations to the
- Actively engage in due diligence, representing the teams
providing “downstream” operational support, with specific focus to
connect the value proposition to the services scope and strategy
(important to set expectations from the first discussion on what is
- Make recommendations for incoming groups, platform, and
tuck-in, regarding how we could align people, process and systems
with the corporate future state op model and ideal scope of
- Work across key functional leaders and market leaders to
develop integration plan based on market insight, knowledge of
practice nuances and needs/expectations of the physicians and care
Professional Experience Desired:
- BA / BS required
- Master’s in business administration or advanced degree
preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 7-10+ years of Operations leadership, business leadership,
consulting and/or complex program management and change management
- Robust experience leading post-deal, integration work for
mergers or acquisitions, preferably in healthcare or financial
services, through strong program management, collaboration, and
communication across matrixed organization.
- Direct experience in the physician services industry
- Hands-on operational, change management and leadership
experience with accountability for KPIs and combining strategy and
execution; experience working with physicians.
- A depth of knowledge and hands-on experience with operations
and experience communicating to senior leadership regarding key
issues and mitigation plans.
Skills and Professional
- Strategic and financial acumen to define and
track progress against strategy and drive focus areas, priorities,
and execution within integration and across the enterprise.
- Communication for impact, both written and
verbal, regarding any type of financial, operational, or strategic
item of importance in the business
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to
forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse
- A keen sense of personal accountability for
delivering individual and team results.
- Ability to engage physicians and foster
respect and shared accountability with physicians, while balancing
clinical needs against those of the broader enterprise
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of
urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing
what you say you will do.
- A strong work ethic and passion for being
hands-on in problem-solving and execution.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and
experience in high-growth business environments including ability
to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work.
- Experience successfully partnering with and
communicating with physicians and their care teams in a
patient and provider-centric manner to affect change and improve
processes and outcomes.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the
required relationships to influence and generate results;
can quickly influence market partners to take action.
- A natural comfort getting into the details of
operations to drive execution, along with the
ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare
financial and operational data and reporting as well as
Additional Competencies for Preferred
- Keen ability to be proactive and anticipate issues before they
become problems and ability to manage communications and
relationships to address issues as they are escalating.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives
- Strong leadership and management experience fostering a team
culture of collaboration, trust, transparency, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative relationship
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of executing in fast paced environments.
- Experience with change management
- Quick and high-quality analysis and presentation creation using
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prioritization (i.e., knows what matters, what does not, and is
able to operate successfully in an environment where it feels like
the queue is unstable)
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Boca Raton , Merger and Integration Vice President, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!