Claims Operation Manager
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: July 16, 2021
The Claims Operations Manager Plans, organizes, leads,
controls, and coordinates the provision of services in Claims
- In consultation with superior and subordinate supervisory
personnel as an appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals
and plans for area(s) of responsibility.
- Assists in development, and administration of an
operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance
with approved plans.
- Formulates policy for area(s) of responsibility and
secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers
procedures necessary to implement approved policy and provides the
overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and
effective area services.
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary)
disciplines and discharges subordinates’ personnel or makes
authoritative recommendations in such matter. Develops
function-specific orientation and training programs for area
personnel. Establishes standards for effective job
performance and evaluates subordinates according to such
standards. Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory
personnel as appropriate.
- Reviews claims pending approval based on authority limit
and processes approvals when needed. Works with internal
areas including legal teams regarding policy language and
interpretations when needed.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an
effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including a)
efficient workflow patterns; b) established performance standards;
c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d)
suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate supervision; and f)
systems for timely communication of pertinent
- Responsible for the monitoring of an ongoing quality
assurance program for all clients, including any clients that may
be added during Disaster Recovery operations. Ensures
compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and
- Maintain daily control of all regular programs by
providing leadership/direction to support staff, internal
management, clients, and service bureaus.
- Present to clients & markets, program
- Conducts department tours as well as participates in
client meetings and audits.
- Participates on committees and in programs for safety,
fire prevention, disaster recovery and so forth. Ensures the
development of specific plans for inclusion in these
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components;
establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop
cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the
company’s overall business fulfillment system.
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning his
or her area(s) of responsibility and its personnel; determines
veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or
disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) of
(whatever the functional specialty or specialties may be) by
pursuing a program of self-development, participating in
professional organizations, interacting with peers, reviewing
pertinent literature, and so forth. Incorporates advancements
when practicable and cost effective.
- Directs the preparation of records as well as recurring
and special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility
ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on
time. Reviews and interprets these to ascertain the extent to
which goals are being attained Takes corrective action
- Level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion
of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of progressively more responsible experience in
the area(s) managed. Minimum of 2 years in a managerial
- Human resource policies and procedures; Contact Center
Operations policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
Keywords: Assurant, Boca Raton , Claims Operation Manager, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!