Supervisor, Customer Service
Company: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Motivating and developing a team of claims specialist and/or
customer service agents. Undertaking training, coaching and
development activities to help improve the quality of claims
handling and customer service within their team. Ensuring
registrations, claims and any other enquiries received from
customers are dealt with efficiently. Dealing with any escalated
enquiries from their team within the limits of their authority and
to hold an expert knowledge for their designated product(s).
- Manage the day-to-day planning, operation and problem-solving
of a team of agents to meet with the required service level
- Develop the team to ensure delivery of a consistently superior
customer experience by highly knowledgeable and customer-focused
- Be an active part of the management team and to act as the
communication conduit between front line staff and management.
Ensure that any messages or strategies from management are
accurately and appropriately delivered without dilution or
alteration of the emphasis.
- Responsible for the delivery of service level, quality and
productivity targets within their teams.
- Responsible for people management of their direct reports,
including all HR related issues.
- Responsible for sickness and holiday management within their
- Responsible for managing the schedule (after creation) to
ensuring sufficient cover available during all opening hours.
- Responsible for the training and development of staff.
- Responsible for the motivation and leadership of their
- Responsible for conducting a formal performance appraisal
annually for each member of the team as well as regular (monthly)
- Able to contribute to the initial hiring and selection process
of their direct reports.
- Assist the Administration and Contact Centre Managers in
achieving KPI's relating to both paperwork and telephone service
- Ensure direct reports are provided with information to allow
them to process enquiries on designated products.
- Identify training needs relating to programme or product
awareness within the customer service team and produce training
material to meet these needs.
- Establish a good working relationship with the external
colleagues to allow swift escalation of queries.
- Ensure all telephone claims received by their team are
processed proactively and efficiently within the limits of
authority and in line with Company policy.
- Ensure claimants are informed of the status of the claim -
where a claim is rejected or adjusted; a full explanation of the
reasons must be recorded on the claim file.
- Respond to escalated claim enquiries.
- To represent the company in professional and courteous manner
to external customers whether orally or in writing.
- To be cooperative with colleagues promoting good relations and
ensuring the highest quality of service at all times to internal &
- To undertake any formal or informal training arranged by the
company and attend meetings as and when required.
- Undertake other departmental duties commensurate with own skill
level and job description in other areas of Operations as and when
- To ensure any issue that is over and above the limits of
authority/scope of the job description are escalated immediately to
the relevant manager.
- To conform to all company policies in force at all times e.g.
the security of corporate information, electronic mail policy, and
computer usage policy.
- To conform to legislative and procedural policies in force at
all times e.g. DPA requirements.
- To ensure all property assigned is kept in good order with any
faulty equipment being immediately reported to the relevant
- To adhere to company dress policies and ensuring suitable
standards of personal hygiene.
- Ensure that direct reports are aware of, and conform to, all
company policies in force (e.g. the security of corporate
information, electronic mail policy, computer usage policy) and all
legislative and procedural policies (e.g. Finance / Insurance
Regulations, DPA requirements) at all times.
- Holds a National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
certificate or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Previous Experience of working in a Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Evidence of working and managing in a Finance / Insurance
- Full knowledge and understanding of the complaints
- Experience of dealing with customers from a diverse customer
- Evidence of working and managing in a customer focused
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- People Management.
- Experience of all aspects of individual and team performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to
communicate in a professional and positive manner.
- Good relationship and networking skills with the ability to
establish credibility, influence senior managers and build strong
- Excellent people skills and a team player with a high level of
customer focus and the ability to motivate, coach and develop
individuals to support and deliver results.
- Strong organisational and planning skills including the ability
to work on a range of projects/tasks and to be able to establish
priorities so that results are delivered and deadlines met.
- High level of computer literacy/ IT skills including ability to
effectively use MS Office products (specifically Word, Excel and
- High standard of personal presentation.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, resilient and capable of using own
- Ability to collect, collate, understand and evaluate
information including financial data with good attention to
- Ability to identify concerns and problems, know how they should
be resolved and ensure that they are not only resolved in a timely
manner but to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Flexibility will be required around working hours to ensure
that deadlines and customer requirements are met.
- Business focussed and commercially aware.
- Passionate about providing an exceptional service.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation
package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our
benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including
eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending,
Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where
thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected.
This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences
with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation,
culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the
diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it
will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of
choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract,
retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as
more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of
who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our
Keywords: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., Boca Raton , Supervisor, Customer Service, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!