Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized
college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from
approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights
athletics program has won 25 national championships (and
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation,
according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We
are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories,
including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior
leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with
our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the
position of Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Student
This position performs, coordinates, and oversees technical and
office administrative duties in support of the Vice President for
Student Affairs, including the provision of varied and complex
executive duties and supports activities of the Division of Student
Affairs. Generally maintains the management and organization of the
Office of Student Affairs with a high level of autonomy and
attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercise judgment and initiative in routine matters and
operations of the Office of the Vice President for Students
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Coordinate office activities and schedules; develop and
recommend office procedures and systems; ensure efficient office
- Perform a wide variety of executive and administrative duties
as required by the daily operations of the Students Affairs Office
(general clerical duties: screen incoming calls and correspondence
and identify items requiring priority attention or respond
independently when appropriate; maintain appointment calendars and
schedule and arrange meetings, etc.)
- Review all division contracts and waivers of liability for the
Vice President's approval prior to forwarding to General
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents;
prepare background documents as necessary; edit reports prepared by
departments within division
- Research and analyze routine administrative projects for the
Vice President; prepare first draft reports on routine
- Schedule and execute on-campus and off-campus retreats and
events for the division and student groups by arranging for
facilities and catering, issuing information or invitations,
coordinating speakers or entertainment, and controlling event
- Arrange travel plans and compile documents for the Vice
President's travel-related meetings and conferences
- Order and maintain office supplies and replenish general items
as required; order specific items when required by the division's
departments; monitor budget
- Serve as the Vice President's delegate for Workday related
processes (prepare supplier invoice requests, create expense
reports, and verify procurement card transactions for the Vice
President's Office; review and approve expenditures and
transactions of other Student Affairs' departments as required;
audit budget accounts for all division departments; approve absence
requests for the Vice President's direct reports.
- Serve on University committees and perform specific tasks as
- Provide guidance and support for divisional initiatives and
- Assist the Vice President with special projects and
- Assist with the supervision of student workers within the
- Perform other college related duties as may be required by the
- Must be available to work occasional evenings or weekends as
needed for special events and programs
- Maintain a high level professional conduct, customer service
and ethical behavior at all times.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university.
- Candidates should maintain high energy with a strong commitment
to student success, enthusiasm and desire to work with students,
parents and colleagues across the institution.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a
commitment to high quality results in a fast paced
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive secretarial or office
administrative experience necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (esp. Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and knowledge of modern office practices and operations
of modern office equipment.
- Skill in typing at 70 wpm, proofreading, and editing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience supporting executive level leaders.
- Experience working in a student-facing environment.
- Experience with Workday
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status,
veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs.
In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex.
Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination
policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance
Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton,
FL 33431, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +1 561-237-7727; or to
the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of
Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate,
master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges
at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1
404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn
University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable
accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually
provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as
to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed
disclosure of information regarding campus security practices
(including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency
Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention
data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related
incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and
Fire Safety Report is available online at
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and