Oiler - American Queen Steamboat Company
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 10, 2021
NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the
link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
Oil and grease moving parts such as gears, shafts and bearings
of engine and auxiliary equipment used to propel the vessel by
performing the following essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Examine machinery for specified pressure and flow of
- Fill oil and grease reservoirs according to machinery
- Read pressure and temperature gauges and record data in
- Periodically log routine rounds.
- Clean strainers in various systems.
- Keep working area clean, neat, and in orderly condition.
- Maintain engine room by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and
performing routine painting.
- Perform maintenance tasks such as packing valves and replacing
- Assist watch engineer in overhauling and adjusting
- Perform any duties and tasks as deemed necessary by the
licensed engineer on watch.
- Ensure behavior and performance supports the company's
- Follow company values in responding to others in work
- Meet "standards for service" behaviors
- Use recovery steps to respond to others who are
- Make hospitality standards an important part of day-to-day
- Be a RESPECT System example for others
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- USCG license as an Oiler preferred
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) -
if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid MMC
- Valid Driver's License
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a
pleasant and professional manner
- At least two years of experience required in a role with
similar duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the
USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random,
reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our
mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests,
but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating
principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of
creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First,
Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating
Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we
promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with
Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing
conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe
and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following
- We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited
We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality
decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at
least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and
passionately compete like an underdog.
We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and
not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and
are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not
entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our
- We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and
celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the
Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Keywords: Hornblower, Boca Raton , Oiler - American Queen Steamboat Company, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!