Chemical Production Assistant
Company: Coburn Technologies, Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Production Assistant mixes raw materials and turns
them into finished optical coating products. This position is based
out of a small processing laboratory in Boca Raton, Florida. The
Coating Production Assistant will mix raw materials under a recipe
and guidance of the Coating Development Engineer to make lens
coating products that are applied to eyeglass lenses via specialty
machines used by lens manufacturers around the world. The
Production Assistant will set up lab equipment, order chemical
supplies, prepare chemical solutions, and assist in the conduct of
tests, interpretation of data, compilation of results, preparation
of reports, and presentation of conclusions.
- Organize and maintain a highly effective laboratory and
chemical production workspace.
- Properly operate and maintain equipment in the processing
- Maintain instruments in the laboratory to keep equipment
operating; to troubleshoot breakdowns, and to perform preventive
maintenance where necessary.
- Inventory laboratory supplies, place replenishment orders, and
- Maintain daily logs and equipment record books.
- Perform quality checks such as defined by supervisor.
- Operating a blending / batching process for coating products by
following detailed procedures, measurements, and formulas.
- Follow guidelines for proper disposal of all waste
- Comply with all OSHA Hazard Materials Procedures and follow all
- Complete appropriate paperwork as required.
- Perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, and division.
- Safely handle various chemicals used in the batching /mixing
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some technical training
helpful, but not required.
- A science background or some experience in a lab or industrial
mixing is strongly preferred.
- Able to read, write, and speak English and understand the
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Highly dependable. Ability to work overtime when required.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Chemical odor tolerance: Despite wearing protective gear,
chemical odors will be present in the lab.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment.
- Needs to be able to lift up to 40lbs at chest height (pouring
BenefitsCoburn Technologies, Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures
and services computer-integrated optical lens processing systems
and their related consumables and supplies. Our products are used
in making prescription lenses, and then coating and shaping them to
fit into eyeglass frames. For 60 years, we've supplied optical labs
and eye doctors with products and services that have reinvented
lens production methods with automation, machine intelligence,
precision, and chemical coating technologies. We also offer a
state-of-the-art line of ophthalmic diagnostic machines that
doctors use to conduct eye examinations. At Coburn, we operate with
integrity and other values in a culture built on serving our
customers. Working hard, celebrating success and striving to win
the hearts of our customers is what we do. Our headquarters are
located in South Windsor, CT and our Sales and Service offices are
found around the world.
At Coburn Technologies we pride ourselves in wowing internal and
external customers. We provide a fun and professional environment
that encourages--employee development and engagement!----Coburn
Technologies offers all employees an extensive benefits package
- Medical coverage through Cigna, choice of three HDHP*
- HSA Company Contribution *on qualifying plans
- Dental coverage through CIGNA DPPO Plan
- Vision coverage through VSP
- Company paid Long Term Disability through Anthem
- Company paid Short Term Disability through Anthem
- Company paid Group Term Life Insurance double employee's annual
salary, company paid policy for spouse ($5000) and dependents
- Optional extended coverage plans available through Anthem and
- 401(k) auto enrolled at 6% with 50% company match on first 6%
deferral, up to $1200 maximum per year.
- Vacation based on years of service
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Engagement events throughout the year --Full time
employees who work 30 hours or more per week are eligible for
benefits the first of the month after their date of hire.--
Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity:--Coburn Technologies, Inc. is
proud to be an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer. The
diversity of our very talented workforce reflects this commitment.
We strive to employ persons of all races and ethnic groups, color,
gender, sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and
especially Veterans and Veterans with Disabilities who have served
and sacrificed for our country. When applying to Coburn, please
complete the voluntary affirmative action survey. While employment
decisions are based solely on each applicant's credentials as they
relate to the requirement of the job, we do appreciate your
assistance in our diversity efforts and your questionnaire helps us
in this regard.
Keywords: Coburn Technologies, Inc., Boca Raton , Chemical Production Assistant, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!