Company: Assisting Hands - Boca Delray
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Description: This position provides custodial
and personal care services to clients that contract with Assisting
Hands for services under the direction of the Staffing Coordinator
in compliance with the Plan of Care.
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Qualifications: One (1) year experience in the
home or long-term care setting is preferred.
Reports to: Staffing Coordinator
The caregiver may also provide the following assistance with
self-administered medication, as needed by the client:
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment within
clients residence. Duties may include light cleaning and
straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and
living areas, washing client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks
to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a
written Plan of Care which may include assisting the client with
personal hygiene, ambulation and exercise, eating, dressing,
shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Reporting changes in the clients condition.
- In the presence of the client, reading the label, opening the
container, removing a prescribed amount of medication from the
container, and closing the container.
- Placing an oral dosage in the client's hand or placing the
dosage in another container and helping the client by lifting the
container to his or her mouth.
- Returning the medication container to proper storage.
- Keeping a record of when a client receives assistance with
self-administration of medication.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 10am - 6pm with
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons
to assist the client in the self-administration of medication;
- Opening and closing the medication container or tearing the
foil of prepackaged medications;
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process.
Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand,
or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the
self-administration of medication;
- Abides by the agencys infection control policies, including
proper hand washing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agencys
Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Keywords: Assisting Hands - Boca Delray, Boca Raton , Caregiver/CNA/HHA, Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!