FRESH MEAL PLAN
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Purchasing
Hourly / Kitchen
Receiving Manager and/or
Responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking
it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and
helping other departments fulfill orders. Works in stores,
warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. May involve
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Record inventory data manually or on a computer or handheld
- Document discrepancies between inventory records and physical
counts of stock
- Receive, count, and verify incoming orders
- Label stock items with labeling equipment such as
identification tags or stamps
- Pack and unpack items for storage in stockrooms, storage yards,
- Operate machinery for moving stock items
- Process shipping requests, requisitions, or purchase
- Distribute products or materials to store shelves, co-workers,
- Assist and direct other stock workers in their daily
- Coordinate with co-workers to accomplish large tasks
- Process damaged or defective stock per company protocol
- Report malfunctioning or damaged stock-handling equipment to
- Maintain accurate records of contracts, purchase orders, and
- Prepare documents and reports for transactions or regulatory
- Comply with safety regulations for moving heavy objects and
- Keep the stock room neat and orderly
- Inventory stock of materials, supplies, parts, and
- Work with kitchen, packing and delivery departments on
inventory and orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Written and Oral Communication.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Leadership & Navigation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a food production facility and warehouse
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or
move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work will
Travel is not expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of six months experience in stocking, shipping,
logistics, or related field
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Written and oral comprehension skills
- Able to complete tasks with little to no direct
- Able to work quickly and accurately in a complex, fast-moving
- Physically able to stand and walk for extended periods of
- Physically capable of routinely bending to lift and move items
up to 50 pounds
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Prior experience with basic maintenance functions, including
snow removal, basic electric, painting and HVAC.
- Prior experience working with Modified Atmosphere Packaging
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if
All employees are required to submit documents that verify
identity and eligibility to work in the United States.