Supv., Quality Control (i)
Company: NBTY, Inc
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness,
living at the intersection of science and nature. As a
manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals,
supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing
the health and wellness of people's lives. The brands of The
Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world
including Nature's Bounty, Solgar, Pure Protein, Osteo Bi-Flex,
Puritan's Pride, Sundown, Body Fortress, MET-Rx, Ester-C and
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The
Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and
recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of
inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel
respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits,
competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company
culture? If you've ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you
know how important a positive work environment is for a person's
well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting
wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a
pretty good place to start.
The Supervisor, Quality Control, is responsible for managing and
providing supervision to the Quality Control Analytical Laboratory,
which provides testing support in the area of raw material,
finished bulk and product release testing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising resources to ensure that the work performed by the
QC laboratory personnel is accurate, timely, efficient and
compliant with company policies, safety, quality SOPs, cGMP, GLP
regulation and FDA regulation.
- Ensuring that all laboratory personnel use the proper
specifications or an associated compendial monograph.
- Distribute work assignments and ensure on time completion and
release of raw materials, bulk and third party products.
- Ensure raw material, in-process, bulk product, and finished
product testing is scheduled efficiently and in support of
- Ensure that products are released or rejected as
- Anticipate problem areas and resolve issues before they impact
compliance, product quality, and availability.
- Work with management to streamline operations to ensure that
the department operates efficiently.
- Work with the staff for investigating all Out of Specification
(OOS) results and properly documenting them.
- Provide technical support for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance
and R&D (as applicable) on questionable batches and
- Provide regular reports to management regarding products
presently in the laboratory along with their testing status and
planned completion date.
- Work with peers in developing and implement laboratory
documents (SOPs, Specifications, Protocols, Reports, etc.).
- Train chemists as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Science or strongly related
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts,
practices, and procedures.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- 7 to 10 years of analytical laboratory experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience supervising or leading a technical
- Experience in chemical and microbiological methods using
instrumentation including HPLC, GC, ICP, FTIR/NIR, UPLC/MS, ELISA
and micro plate readers, or other chemical or microbiological
techniques as required.
- Technical writing experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including, Word, Excel,
Outlook) and familiarity with basic laboratory record-keeping
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds.
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental
plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition
reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at [ Phone number blocked ] if
you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your
information for our online job postings.
Ref # POS000003309
Keywords: NBTY, Inc, Boca Raton , Supv., Quality Control (i), Other , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!