The Major Account Executive is an outside sales position
responsible for identifying, qualifying, and acquiring new
customers classified as Key Account prospects in major to large
customers inclusive of the public and private sector that will
contribute profitable growth to the organization. This role will
have a partnership team that includes an Implementation Manager to
onboard the new customers once won, cross-functional experts on our
product lines to expand share of wallet within the account, and a
Key Account Manager that focuses on the day to day management of
the new logo within their assigned portfolio. Crucial to the
success of this role is strong strategic planning and tactical
acumen, pipeline management skills, and the ability to successfully
collaborate with multiple departments outside of his/her own
The Major Account Executive will negotiate and close sales from
$250,000 to $2,000,000 annually.
1. New Account Acquisition: Engaged in sales activities outside
of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to,
creating relationships with non-Office Depot decision influencers,
decision-makers, end-users, current buyers, and new prospects
within an organization. Network and cold call prospective customers
and leads (based on customer profile in volume, size, and service
requirements) to arrange meetings to present Office Depot offerings
to potential customers utilizing our strategic pricing strategy.
Acquire new high potential accounts by selling them a broad
portfolio of Office Depot products. Generate long-term
profitability and revenue for Office Depot through the acquisition
of net-new high potential accounts.
2. Relationship Building: Forecast business and meet or exceed
assigned sales quotas. Utilize solution selling and account
management techniques to maximize the business relationship and
opportunities with targeted companies within the assigned
industries. Build and expand relationships with customer by
understanding the business elements supporting indirect sales and
service business, Develop in-depth knowledge of office supplies;
procurement operations in the prospect portfolio.
3. Takes responsibility and ownership for data integrity and
accuracy of work products and creativity with business planning and
implementing sales initiatives. Maintains customer information in
Office Depot's CRM.
4. Responsible for customer and company requirements and being a
thought leader in developing selling strategies and training
Education & Experience: High School diploma or equivalent,
Years of Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in a related
Type of Experience: Sales experience in a business-to-business
Skills and Ability:
* Experience in selling B2B and progressively improving
* Previous experience in successfully achieving or exceeding
* Demonstrate an understanding of the industry, the current
trends and changes, as well as leverage that information to the
benefit of Office Depot and the customer.
* Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities.
* Driven to invest time in self-education that can be applied in
a professional context.
* Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication
* Fluid organization agility (the ability to quickly learn,
understand, and navigate an organization at the upper to lower
* Previous experience within the office supplies industry
* Elevated understanding of strategic sales pipeline building,
managing a balanced pipeline of potential opportunities to assess,
propose, and ultimately close large scale business deals.
* Consultative approach to strategic selling methods, complex
deal negotiations, and ability to close deals that are balanced and
* Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM a plus
* Must be personable and presentable at all times.
* Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously timely
* Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and
* Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
* Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offer competitive salaries, a
benefits package, which includes a 401(k), and more, along with
plenty of opportunities to move and grow within our organization!
For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please
click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each
page. When you have completed the application, click the submit
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max are committed to providing equal
employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance