Composites Process and Tooling Specialist
Company: Aviation Structure Repairs, LLC
Location: boca raton
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our client began in 1998 in the lofty world of aerospace. Today,
they are beginning their descent into other transportation industry
sectors. They have grown to more than 150 employees, based in their
state-of-the-art facility known as Autry House named for their
patrons, Hollywood film legend and former fighter pilot Gene Autry
and his wife Jackie.
As a member of their team, youll help create exceptional
transportation experiences by creating and developing aerospace
quality products and interior solutions. They are seeking
qualified, experienced Composites Process and Tooling Specialist
candidate to join their team.
Full Job Description
Job Requires the ability to develop tooling, jigs and fixtures
and tool improvement to enhance production assembly efficiencies.
Must be able to layout, fabricate and build all types of jig and
fixtures to include Tool Masters, Ability to read, interpret and
work from tool designs, engineering drawings and specs.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Lay out, fabricate, and assemble a variety of standard and
nonstandard major jigs, fixtures, tool masters, master tooling
gauges and related tooling involving compound, complex contours
where the establishment and coordination to exacting tolerances of
numerous tooling holes and reference points between several planes
- Have the ability to plan work to be performed and determines
methods and sequence of operations working from tool design
drawings or own designs.
- Sets up and operates optical instruments to check overall and
detailed alignment, fit, or adjustment of assemblies.
- Develops and designs holding devices and jig and fixture
- Prepares operational sequences and shop drawings covering parts
fabrication and assembly to be performed by others.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical
process or other control procedures.
- Plans sequence of operations.
- Makes complete layout, fabricates and builds all types of jigs
and fixtures (including tool masters) involving compound angles and
complex contours where the establishment and coordination to
exacting tolerances of numerous tooling holes and reference points
between several planes is required.
- Set up on surface table or tooling docks jigs and fixtures
involving complex contours, compound angles and requiring the
coordination of drill holes and location of critical points with
reference to stations, butt and/or water lines.
- Suggests changes in design involving practicability, economy
and process of manufacture to proper personnel.
- Makes determinations regarding fabrication and design of detail
parts such as fittings, stops, locating pins and mechanical
operation of jigs and submits them for approval to proper
- Performs rework of the same level of difficulty as the work
described herein. Uses complex tool design drawings and complex
- Uses trigonometry to solve right triangles.
- Operates various types machine shop equipment to complete
assignment as required.
- Previous composite tooling repair experience,
- Ability to use small hand tools and machinery
- Ability to interpret technical manuals, engineering process
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, understand, read and
- At least 5 years prior tool Jig Building experience
- Tracker experience preferred
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within
a flexible, fast paced, and busy work environment
- This position requires research and filing and therefore must
be able to stand for periods of time in addition to moderate
lifting, bending and stretching.
Keywords: Aviation Structure Repairs, LLC, Boca Raton , Composites Process and Tooling Specialist, Other , boca raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!