The Encore at Boca Raton Rehabilitation and Nursing Center The
primary purpose of the Plant Operations Director position is to
plan, organize, supervise and conduct the day-to-day activities of
the physical plant department.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise the day-to-day functions of assigned plant
• Develop and implement facility plant operations standards.
• Develop and implement procedures for performing daily plant
• Prepare work schedules and schedule work assignments.
• Ensure that work schedules are followed as closely as
practical; revise as necessary.
• Coordinate daily maintenance services with various departments
as necessary i.e., nursing, dietary, activities .
• Review and assist in developing a plan of correction for any
plant operations deficiencies that may be cited during a survey;
submit to the Administrator and Director of Engineering for
• Complete any necessary reports, forms, etc. as required or
requested by the Administrator and/or Director of Engineering.
• Use work orders and maintain an order log.
• Establish commercial resources for repairs and supplies.
• Complete routine plant and grounds inspections.
• Submit accident/incident reports to the Administrator within
24 hours of occurrence.
Facility Maintenance Functions:
• Replace and/or clean filters in air-conditioning and heating
units, washers, dryers, extractors, water systems, vents, and
• Maintain/repair laundry washers and dryers.
• Repair/replace window screens, shades, blinds, curtains and
• Repair/replace doors, hinges, handles, and locks.
• Repair lawn mowers, stoves, ovens, floor machines, ice
machines and similar equipment.
• Replace/install light bulbs, fuses, ballasts, circuit
breakers, extension cords, electric plugs, bed-call cords, pull
chains, emergency call systems cords, electrical outlets, etc.
• Repair/replace HVAC systems (ducts, equipment,
• Install/repair low voltage electrical systems.
• Repair/replace major and minor plumbing systems, i.e. drainage
and supply systems.
• Repair beds, bedrails, wheelchairs, Geri chairs, walkers,
canes, crutches, hand rails, railings, grab bard, towel bars, soap
dishes, and water/bath sprays.
• Paint walls, ceilings, doors, window and door frames, closets,
tables, chairs, shelves, racks and parking space stripes.
• Ensure that all personnel wear and use safety equipment and
supplies when lifting or moving heavy objects.
• Ensure that assigned work areas are kept in a safe, secure and
• Ensure that manufacturer’s guidelines are followed when
• Maintain MSDS sheets for hazardous chemicals.
• Ensure that hazardous chemicals are properly labeled and
• Ensure that infection control and universal precautions
practices are maintained.
• Ensure that maintenance personnel wear protective
clothing/devices when performing tasks that involve handling blood,
body fluids, infectious waste and/or hazardous materials.
• Ensure that refuse and/or protective clothing and equipment is
disposed of daily in accordance with established procedures.
• Coordinate isolation procedures with nursing services.
• Label/tag equipment contaminated with blood or other
infections materials prior to sending for repair or
• Construct shelves, racks, tables, benches, foot stools,
bulletin boards and other similar hand built items.
• Build/install walls, doors, drywall, trim work, ceiling track
• Repair and maintain closets, rods, shelves, bedside tables,
drawers, and closet doors.
• Replace smoke detectors, sprinkler heads, and mixing
• Repair and replace exterior gutters, downspouts and
• Complete monthly roof inspection and make roofing and roof
penetration repairs as needed.
• Replace ceiling and floor tile.
• Maintain and repair lawn furniture and outside dcor i.e.,
fountains, lights, irrigation systems.
• Maintain a well-organized, clean, neat workshop and tool room.
• Report all hazardous conditions to the Administrator.
Equipment and Supply Functions:
• Recommend equipment and supply needs to the Administrator.
• Ensure an adequate supply of supplies are maintained to
perform daily tasks.
• Monitor procedures to ensure that supplies are used in an
efficient manner to avoid waste.
• Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored.
• Maintain the equipment and tool log.
Budget and Planning Functions
• Forecast needs of the department.
• Assist in planning and preparing the department’s budget.
• Make departmental adjustments in order to conform to approved
budget or as requested by the Administrator.
• Maintain current written records of department expenditures
and assure that records and cost reports are submitted to the
• Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED.
• Education beyond high school is a plus.
• One (1) year of successful experience in a supervisory
• Demonstrated experience with repair of buildings, plumbing,
electrical systems, alarm systems, appliances, commercial stoves,
refrigerators, air-conditioning and heating units.
• Demonstrated experience in HVAC systems repair.
• General commercial construction techniques, plumbing and
electrical experience necessary.
• Must be able to obtain HVAC Level 3 certification.
ABOUT THE ENCORE AT BOCA RATON REHABILITATION AND NURSING