At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for
more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider
serving residential and business customers, our people are our most
important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than
200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our
customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team
and help us protect what matters most.
The Vice President, Communications is a leader, key strategist
and storyteller developing and executing ADT’s communications
efforts. This individual will help ensure that ADT’s Communications
function operates at a best in class level with a focus on a
proactive and collaborative approach, enhancing the impact of ADT’s
Communications influence. Reporting to the CMO, the VP should feel
comfortable shifting between strategy and execution while handling
a high volume of projects, being a key liaison of the entire
C-suite, and act as a strong ambassador of the brand. As the leader
of the Communications Leadership Team, the VP will work closely
with the Executive staff, including the CEO, CFO, and CMO and the
Board of Directors to set and drive strategic direction for the
company’s overarching communications goals.
• Drive integration across ADT’s business lines and connect to
enterprise platforms for the benefit of the total ADT’s
• Forge strong connections with ADT’s internal and outside
partners in order to encourage the most creative and effective
• Offer thought leadership across the enterprise.
• Develop external media relations plans in support of key
programs and policies, including discovering opportunities to
educate media and customers.
• Leverage extensive journalist relationships to drive earned
• Manage joint communications with outside stakeholder
• Look out over the horizon to anticipate potential crisis
situations and help to avert and/or prepare for them.
• Protect ADT’s image, as well as spotlight the progress of the
company and its leaders through proactive, compelling
• Develop strategies consistent with ADT’s commitment to
significantly increasing its footprint.
• Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders as a critical
member of their leadership teams.
• Help to operationalize ADT’s corporate narrative.
• Seek to understand stakeholder expectations and drive
best-in-class communications innovation.
• Lead and inspire a team in media relations, issues management,
and internal organizational communications.
• Drive internal organizational communication strategies that
reach the minds and hearts of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in PR, Communications, Marketing,
or a related discipline.
• 10 years of experience in communications, with a deep
understanding of how to utilize communications to influence
• Experience across the range of communication disciplines
including media relations, issues management and executive
• Track record of building, leading, and inspiring high
performing teams around a shared vision.
• Skilled at building and protecting public trust.
• Familiarity with investor communications.
• Able to achieve results while dealing with ambiguity and
• Proven delivery in successfully leading change management
• Experience using analytics to drive business and reputation
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate and convert high-level
strategic information into clear, concise communications.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We
are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do
our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee
feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save
lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent
working in an environment where employees feel included and
recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.