Sr. Counsel, Marketing and Commercial
Company: Cinch Home Services, Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- Provide front-line legal support for all consumer marketing
- Lead negotiator and drafter of marketing agreements.
- Advise compliance in all channels, including Telesales, online,
direct mail and email.
- Establish Marketing compliance and best practice standards.
Develop or maintain playbook, guidelines, templates and policies
related to advertising, marketing and promotional
- Mentor other attorneys and contribute to the development of
self-help resources for the marketing team.
- Counsel and support product, marketing and legal teams on
content clearance and marketing compliance including on issues such
as, advertising requirements, and other promotions, influencer
marketing, social media and user-generated content.--
- Train marketing teams, and legal colleagues on IP and marketing
- Conduct other legal research or projects
- Work closely with teams across our organization, including
communications, product, sales, and finance, as well as senior
management, to ensure alignment.
- Negotiate and draft agreements in the marketing space,
including vendor services, sponsorship, talent, and licensing
- Drive departmental initiatives, including the development or
redesign of legal support processes to increase efficiencies and
better align to the needs of the business.
- Other duties as assigned Contracts:
- Draft, review, advise, and negotiate a variety of commercial
contracts including but not limited to commercial contracts,
including supply agreements, marketing agreements, MSAs, SOWs, and
NDAs, professional services agreements, license agreements and
- Assisting in the development and implementation of processes
for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding relevant
- Oversee the maintenance and updating form agreements, contract
management systems, and other databases.
- Develops strong relationships with internal and external
- Provides legal counsel and advice on a broad range of
operational legal topics including commercial transactions, product
strategy, and general business matters
- Assists with the development and implementation of contract
procedures and templates to improve operational efficiency
- Identifies legal and business risks and communicates to
stakeholders for discussion and resolution
- Draft and update consumer-facing online terms and advise on
direct to consumer products and transactions;
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Closely monitor legal expenses
- Actively seek to improve processes and existing ways of working
through thoughtful reinvention.
- Applies innovative problem-solving skills and practical
business judgment to maximize revenues, minimize risk, and foster
long-term client relationships
- Encourages and supports the success of others.
- Demonstrates an awareness of strengths, limits, and areas to
- Openly shares and solicits ideas through dialogue; is clear
- Uses time effectively; anticipates obstacles, adjusts
priorities as needs change and keeps others informed of
- Ability to handle ambiguity, prioritize, and manage multiple
cross-functional projects to completion with little direction, and
quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be
adaptable in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven
- Is well-versed in various templates, wording and clauses that
characterize good contracts. Education Experience and Attributes:
- Florida bar (can be remote) or member of good standing of
another jurisdiction and willing to relocate to Florida.
- 7+ years of experience in the areas of marketing and, in a law
firm or in-house legal department.
- Minimum of six (6) years of legal practice in a well-regarded
law firm, corporate or comparable environment; with three or more
years negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements.
- Working knowledge of applicable legal and regulatory concerns,
including marketing and promotions law and FTC compliance.
- Interest in and aptitude for consumer protection, advertising,
and intellectual property law required
- Experience at a customer product company a plus
- It's a clich--, but attention to detail really is a must.
- A confident, effective and positive negotiator who can lead the
process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to
a favorable close.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is
constantly expanding and changing as we grow our business, learn
more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what
- High integrity and excellent judgment supported by a point of
view that is thought out and communicated well.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work
independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment
and escalate issues when needed.
- Ability to work cross-functionality with different departments
to reach consensus on whether to accept non-standard contract
terms. Ability to contribute to and iterate on contract playbook of
- Eager to chip in wherever and whenever help is needed. Good at
building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across
many functional teams. Oh, and you should like being a lawyer!
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced,
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment.
- Excellent legal and commercial judgment and acumen.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of projects and
prioritize multiple tasks and respond promptly to shifting
Keywords: Cinch Home Services, Inc., Boca Raton , Sr. Counsel, Marketing and Commercial, Legal , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!