Senior Java Software Engineer
Company: Gravity IT Resources
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: FTE
Our client delivers truly disruptive and transformative products
and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we
do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare
information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve
patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions
from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management
(RCM) that help our clients maximize their efficiencies.
We are seeking Senior Java Software Engineer, you will have the
opportunity to grow, make decisions, have fun and innovate! If you
are a Java jockey, eager to exercise and grow your technical chops;
there is no better place than this organization.
The Senior Java Software Engineer will design, develop, document,
unit test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or
applications (cloud and/or in-house) using the Java programming
language and related development technologies.
You are responsible for translating code into user-friendly
- Be a part of an agile team who is responsible for working
cross-functionally with other peers and teams to deliver key
- Make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs in their area
of the codebase.
- Able to work in other areas of the codebase with minimal
- Demonstrate knowledge of our infrastructure and build
- Understand the business supported by your area of the
- Empathize with the user of the software and use that empathy to
guide decision-making .
- Advise QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
- Take the initiative to fix issues before they
- Identify and proactively tackle technical debt.
- Communicate technical decisions through design documentation
and in the wiki.
- Mentor junior engineers via pair programming, design reviews
and code reviews.
- Contribute frequently to departmental Lunch and Learn / Tech
- Communicate effectively across functions and can work well with
other functional areas.
- Proactively identify problems/risks with requirements for their
own work and adjacent work and communicate these issues early to
help course correct.
- Responsible for end-to-end ownership and completion of complex
tasks with minimal guidance as part of a team.
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks, dealing with them
efficiently and pulling in others, as necessary.
- Strive to make accurate estimates and deliver high-quality
software by project deadline.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of Java/J2EE development experience.
- Strong Java/J2EE Object Oriented design and development
and/or Angular preferred).
- Solid understanding of Web Standards (XML, Web Services (WS*,
- Strong knowledge in SQL and relational databases (MySQL
- Familiar with JSP.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and
willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and
- Experience with Agile methodologies or related iterative
development processes a plus.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns a
- Bachelor's degree preferred, however, will consider experience
or demonstrated knowledge in lieu of a degree.
Keywords: Gravity IT Resources, Boca Raton , Senior Java Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!