Technical Support Lead - Remote
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Purpose:The Technical Support Lead is part of
the Cendyn Global Customer Support team and reports to the
Associate Director of Global Support. The Global Customer Support
team provides support for Cendyn products internationally. The
Technical Support Lead will bring advanced diagnostic and solution
skills to the Customer Support team and will assist in
high-complexity support functions. The Technical Support Lead
ensures availability and uptime by providing technical,
non-technical and functional assistance, training, and ongoing
support to high value clients for a variety of web-based products
and applications that cater primarily to the hospitality
industry.As a senior member of the Global Customer Support Team,
this position will lead a core team of Support Team members.This
position is crucial to high customer satisfaction among Cendyn
clients. The Lead works with Operations, R&D, Product, Sales,
and other Operations teams to contribute support and deployment
expertise.Our Support structure has a strong reliance on training
and knowledge sharing. As Technical Support Lead, it will be
incredibly important for you to mentor the Support Team members to
improve our customer responses and work towards more one touch
tickets.Job Responsibilities:Essential Functions:Accountability
- Handle complex service delivery issues with Cendyn-specific
- Troubleshoot application issues, providing operational support
for nightly processing of Cendyn applications.
- Execute on complex incremental customer requests to assure
customer satisfaction and deliver new revenue.
- Provide efficient client support and technical assistance via
email, online chat, and telephone.
- Identify solutions for technical challenges.
- Complete delivery tasks and projects for both external and
internal customers. Excellence
- Support customers with business and/or technical
- Test and troubleshoot Cendyn products and integrations.
- Research and solve data- and software-related problems
- Develop and maintain strong SQL query and process analysis
- Ensure the consistency and stability of Cendyn applications by
maintaining standards / procedures for operating technical
- Represent Customer Support and Operations functions at customer
review meetings as needed.Collaboration
- Distill complex topics into key talking points and then
communicate them to clients and co-workers in a simple and coherent
manner using a consultative approach.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and other external
contacts as needed to assure customer success.
- Mentor Support team members to increase knowledge and
understanding to drive more one-touch tickets and improve the
quality of solutions.
- Liaise among internal and external customers as well as
third-party partners in the areas of application design,
modifications, and troubleshooting, with focus on smooth and robust
- Work closely with escalation resources in other Cendyn teams,
addressing issues directly or engaging additional assistance when
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the relevant product
- Contribute to process and product design and
- Analyze complex business needs as presented by both internal
and external customers and recommend delivery methods to satisfy
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide actionable solutions to
reported incidents combining data analytics, business acumen,
technical expertise, product features and sound
- People management responsibilities including recruitment,
onboarding, performance management and coaching/mentoring team
- Demonstrate the willingness to push your team to continually
provide exceptional service and strategy.
- Contribute to peer-to-peer training with other team members
related to application and operational topics.
- Participate in interviews for new hires, consultants and / or
replacement personnel. Non-Essential Functions:
- A general knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Use Zendesk and other CRM products to communicate and track
customer interactions. Requirements:Required Education and
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, OR some
college plus related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within software
development or IT.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating system,
web services, file management, Remote Desktop.
- User proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL query, data
importing / exporting / manipulation.
- Technical capabilities with hands-on experience in development,
coding, or database work (Python, .NET, ASP.NET, and VB.net).
- A+ Certification.
- Technical capability to represent operational needs and
capabilities to other areas including Operations, Product
Management, R&D, Sales, Marketing.
- Keyboarding speed of 40-60 WPM.Preferred Education and
- Hands-on experience with customer service software (Zendesk
preferred, Salesforce, etc.)
- Previous hospitality industry experience a
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills
(listening, communications, coaching,), ability to manage in a
matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational,
planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS
Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, database software
and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide
guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their
roles. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure
accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and
analyze data and technical processes, identify problems and
potential solutions, and formulate recommendations.
- Innovation – Ability to think creatively to accomplish
continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation, and
interpersonal skills that apply to both internal and external
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team
environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.Work
Environment:This job operates in home and office environments.
Working in a home environment requires the ability to focus on
work-related tasks and maintain discipline and productivity without
direct oversight. Working in an office environment requires a high
degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a
moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled
heat/AC setting.Physical Demands:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust
focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift
office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. Days and
hours of work are subject to the team schedule and will require
some weekend days, and evening hours.Travel:This position requires
up to 10% travel. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and
overnight. EEO StatementCendyn provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.Cendyn expressly prohibits any
form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
including discharge. Other DutiesPlease note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. this is a remote
Keywords: Cendyn, Boca Raton , Technical Support Lead - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!