Company: AutoNation Headquarters
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Must be at least 18 years old to be considered.Overview:
Position Summary:Develops and implements software solutions to
support the company's need for improving application processes
including reporting. - Coordinates solutions with a team of
analysts and engineers to create new applications, implement
enhancements and fix defects in existing applications to meet
business requirements, adhere to systemic standards and ongoing
application support requirements. - Troubleshoots and resolves
issues in supported applications.Organizational Relationships:Works
as a member of the Technology organization. - Reports to Director
of Application Development. - Interacts daily with other technology
teams such as DBA, Dev Ops, QA, BA, PMO, business customers, 3rd
party clients, etc.Job Responsibilities:
- Participates in development, configuration, implementation, and
support of application systems with limited guidance.
- Builds specification documents including diagrams, project
scope, impact analysis and recommendation for implementation for
design, code and test.
- Defines technical specifications for solutions related to
design, coding and testing by other related teams. Analyzes and
evaluates courses of action and broad technical considerations that
may impact other systems.
- Reviews specification documents with Lead Software Engineer and
other members of the team.
- Provides estimation of work effort to Leads/Managers involved
in development and support of the solution with guidance.
- At times may assess development considerations such as impact
and feasibility of ongoing maintenance support for the new solution
improvements and enhancements.
- With Project Lead's guidance, designs, develops and unit test
applications of varying complexity that meet business requirements
while adhering to applicable coding standards and best
- Responsible for the coding and deployment of new versions,
problem fixes and enhancements of software by coordinating
production release activities.
- Provides instructions to Dev Operations and other supporting
teams to release new product changes.
- Identifies process and procedures issues and presents to
Project Leads to define and improve the development team's
- Finalizes solution with the Lead for resolution which can occur
at any point in the process lifecycle.
- Maintains and updates development status on assigned tasks in
tracking software throughout entire project lifecycle and
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision,
Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, management
information services or related field of study; or any equivalent
combination of relevant background, skills and experience to
include a minimum of 4 years programming experience in windows or
web development environments.
- 4+ years of solid experience/technical expertise in ASP.Net,
C#, VB.NET, Object oriented programming, SQL, T-SQL, Visual Studio,
Administration, SSRS, SSIS, Web and/or Windows development, Micro
services, Web services and Api's.
- Previous experience developing web application development
sufficient to support thousands of users running multiple web
browser platforms. Experience with SQL and database management
systems which includes performance optimization.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of SQL concepts and
- Ability to understand how assigned programs link with other
programs and the overall system. Ability to function as a
professional team member contributing to a positive and productive
- Sound problem solving, coding and debugging skills sufficient
to quickly identify and analyze a problem, propose viable solutions
and articulate why a solution is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to document and
present ideas and solutions successfully to business sponsors,
peers, management and leads. Ability to articulate ideas and
- Good listening and organizational skills to gather requirements
and assess impact. Good critical thinking skills to understand
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, team
environment with ability to guide other members of the team.
- Strong initiative, commitment, and a positive "whatever it
- Must meet company's requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintained an
acceptable, safe driving record.Next Possible Position: Senior
Software EngineerThe intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities
performed by incumbents of this job. - Incumbents may be requested
to perform job related tasks other than those specifically
presented.AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a
Keywords: AutoNation Headquarters, Boca Raton , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!