Principal Scientist, Technical Services (I)
Company: The Bountiful Company
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 12, 2021
The Bountiful Company, a Nestl-- Health Science Company, is a pure
play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection
of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of
vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and
active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health
and wellness of people's lives. The Bountiful Company's portfolio
of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty--, Solgar--, Osteo
Bi-Flex--, Puritan's Pride--, Sundown-- and Ester-C--.Inclusion and
Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This
includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse
workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to
create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to
bring their authentic selves to work each day. Did we mention that
we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a
progressive, healthy company culture? If you've ever spent your
workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work
environment is for a person's well-being. The Bountiful Company is
committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to
wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Principal Technical Services Scientist will work closely with
multi-functional teams to help improve current products, address
manufacturing issues, evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients,
seek cost savings and maintain networks of external partners.
Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's) is required. Project goals are
accomplished with the supervision of the support Supply Chain
technicians and scientists.Responsibilities include:
- Leads meetings and cross-functional teams to make sure key
deliverables related to Technical Services projects are delivered
in a timely manner.
- Leads scale up strategies, and qualifies and transfers
technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing sites, or
- Lead and organize the Technical Services team, in the absence
of the Manager or Director.
- Defines and implements solutions for assigned tasks, balancing
achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Provides technical leadership to manufacturing including but
not limited to formulation or process improvements, formulation
globalization, cost savings initiatives, and trouble shooting.
- Formulates nutritional supplement products in various forms in
support of manufacturing.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation
of own data and data from other scientists.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively
looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and
- Negotiates timeline commitments among other team members such
that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are
achieved. Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies,
products and processes with the Science and Technology community.
Builds awareness of developments outside of NBCo. through
attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific
- Leads external collaborations with suppliers, academia and
other professional bodies.Job Requirements:Qualifications
- 7+ years experience in the hands-on development and
characterization of solid dose formulations, including tablet,
capsules, liquids, soft gels and gummies or the equivalent
- 1-3 years experience with leading cross-functional teams,
laboratory activities, qualification processes, technology
transfers, Quality by Design, and/or Operational Excellence
- 3-5 years experience working with processing/manufacturing
equipment and implementing process optimization and/or cost saving
- Leadership, discipline and self-disciplined.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong data analysis and written and verbal reports.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities,
excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well in multi-functional teams, and in
fostering a team approach to achieving project goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering,
Pharmaceutical Science, or related.
- Master's Degree desired.
Keywords: The Bountiful Company, Boca Raton , Principal Scientist, Technical Services (I), IT / Software / Systems , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!