Company: Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG)
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Syms Strategic Group (SSG)is seeking a talentedSQA Tester
(Manual)Location: Most U.S. locations may be considered for
candidates who meet the criteriaDepartment: Veterans
AffairsType:Full TimeMin. Experience:ExperiencedSecurity Clearance
Level:Public Trust (MBI)Military Veterans are highly encouraged to
apply!Essential Duties and Responsibilities**** You must currently
be in possession of a Veterans Affairs (VA) issued GFE (Laptop) and
a PIV card and performing QA testing on a VA project. There are no
exceptions to this requirement.****
- Manage and help staff test events with appropriate
- Coordinate with developers and functional analysts to create
test plans and test scripts in accordance with VA mandated testing
documentation standards and templates.
- Coordinate with testing stakeholders and other team
participants to plan test events.
- Lead and conduct testing in accordance with Master Test Plan
specifications that provide tracking, monitoring and reporting of
- Review and approve test reports.
- Monitor and update defect and bug reports.Important note: Your
answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by
the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies
will not be considered.*** Do not apply for more than one location.
Multiple location submissions will result in all applications being
not reviewed ***Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Veterans Affairs testing
policies and procedures.Experience testing MUMPS, VistA and other
VA systems.Experience with EDI and financial transaction
systemsAbility to work independently with minimal supervision while
contributing to overall company success.
- Must have experience in the coordination and management of test
events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures and
- Must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments
are set up accurately.
- Must be able to create test reports.
- Must have experience working in an agile environment.
- Must have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products,
operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and
- Must have experience in writing or assisting in the development
of test plans and test procedures.
- Must manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA
engineersProfessional CertificationsNoneFormal EducationBachelors
degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or
equivalent technical degreeYears of Professional Experience
- 8+ years S/W development and testing experience.
- C#Security Clearance RequirementsMust possess a Public Trust
(MBI)CitizenshipU.S. Citizenship RequiredDesired Skills and
- Experience testing MUMPS, VistA and other VA systems helpful
but not mandatory.
- Experience with EDI and financial transaction systems helpful
but not mandatoryU.S Citizenship is required for this specific
opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government
security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information and be able to obtain a
government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be
subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to
criminal history, employment and education verification, drug
testing, and creditworthiness.Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.Powered
Keywords: Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG), Boca Raton , QA Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!