Lead Mobile App Developer - Boca Raton, FL
Company: Office Depot
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Office Depot is a brand you've counted on since 1986 for your
office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail
network and world-class technology platforms. As the business
landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at
our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we
do business. We're reinventing ourselves and making significant
investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive
growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a
part of this revolutionary change!
As a Lead Mobile App Developer, you will be an integral team member
of our innovative Product & Technology organization, contributing
greatly to this pivotal transformation in the B2B space.
What You'll Do The Lead Mobile App Developer possesses a solid
knowledge of native app development for iOS and Android, React
build user-facing mobile application components and implement them
with different workflows and tool chests such as Redux. Your
primary task includes the development of stable, robust, aesthetic
and maintainable mobile applications. This role requires a solid
understanding of the toolchain of modern mobile app development
including build tools and transpilers and the ability to apply
these pragmatically to achieve high quality deliverables.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Architect, build, and maintain excellent high performance,
cross-platform and cross-device mobile applications using React
Native and native iOS/Android modules when required using agile
development tools like Jira, GitHub and modern CI/CD practices.
Develop components and libraries that are reusable and
- Troubleshoot and resolve production user reported app issues
and crash logs and strive to wow mobile app users.
- Integrate third-party APIs and SDKs.
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective
unit & integration tests, and collaborating with QA to implement
automation testing where appropriate. Assist with encoding,
testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Assist with feature build estimates.
- Deployment on React Native application to both App Store and
Google Play Store.
- Use UI/UX designs or wireframes to create the respective code
and the application for multiple mobile device formats and
versions. Create new features or parts of mobile applications, with
the end user in mind providing the best experience
- Partners with product, design & technology teams throughout the
organization to brainstorm, advice and design best-in-class
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of
learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Graduate degree
- 7+ years of work experience in hands-on mobile development
using React Native and iOS & Android Native technologies,
- Experience in partnering cross-functionally across an
- Solid understanding of React Native JS fundamentals and
features; hands-on experience required.
- Knowledge of node modules and npm libraries.
- Knowledge of Objective C, Swift, Java, Xcode, Android Studio
and Visual Studio Code.
- Knowledge of SQLite and RealmDB.
- Solid understanding of common framework APIs like Bluetooth,
location, camera, notifications and background services.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Strong hands-on experience with source code management like
Git, Bitbucket, SourceTree.
- Knowledge of Unit testing tools like Jest.
- Experience in an agile work environment.
- Ability to understand, analyze and translate product
requirements to customer ready features.
- Experience in CI/CD Pipeline implementation.
- Production consumer facing apps portfolio (preferred).
- eCommerce apps in a multi-channel environment (preferred).
- Personal Attributes: Team player, Detail orientated, Strong
Keywords: Office Depot, Boca Raton , Lead Mobile App Developer - Boca Raton, FL, IT / Software / Systems , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!