Company: Taylor and Francis
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 16, 2023
We're currently a People team ranging of international backgrounds
and cultures, as we operate worldwide.
As an HR Generalist you will serve as a liaison between our US
colleagues and the HR team, with opportunities to be hands on in a
multitude of tasks and projects. Reporting to the US HR Operations
Manager, you will be responsible for various HR related duties for
the T&F US region including counseling managers and employees
on performance and disciplinary matters, conducting investigations,
and providing consistent HR Analysis and Metric Reporting.
Additional day to day functions include, running reports, data
entry, payroll queries, audit support internal system improvements,
and assist with learning and development workshops. While this role
is focused in the US, the role interacts with other team members
around the globe and may require working on performance cases and
projects with the UK.
What you'll be doing:
Help us progress human progress through knowledge! As an HR
Generalist you will aid in our mission by:
- Providing expert guidance to management to resolve employee
relations issues and to assist in increasing the overall
engagement, morale, and productivity of their teams.
- Providing problem solving, and employment compliance services
to managers, employees, Senior Leadership including clarification
of various company policies and practices.
- Supporting US HR Operations Manager with resolving employee
relations issues in a timely and efficient manner and handling
other confidential HR matters to deliver high quality services to
internal and external customers to mitigate problems.
- Responding to and evaluating employee relations issues with a
high level of customer focus and sensitivity, consistent with best
practice guidelines; to recommend a course of action; to utilize
case management data to identify trends, patterns and prepare
regular and ad hoc reports of findings and
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of federal and state
employment law and legal compliance requirements and fostering a
culture to reduce operational risk.
- Providing excellent day to day HR operational support to HR
Business partners, managers, and colleagues in the business,
managing assigned projects, and day to day HR tasks in a timely and
- Delivering HR services to the business, supporting the US HR
Operations Manager, and People team with planning, organizing, and
prioritizing special HR projects including, but not limited to
Reward and Recognition, L&D workshops, recommending policy and
procedural improvements for the department.
- Serving as a support to the HR Coordinator managing background
checks, new hire onboarding process and obtaining and storing
required paperwork, to include but not limited to I-9 verification
(e-verify) and compliance management, working closely with members
of the recruitment team administering offer letters, background
checks, etc. and conducting new hire orientations that includes
communicating benefit features.
- Providing support to the US team with data entry within HRIS
during annual salary review process and changes throughout the
year, ADP corrections/reporting, updating learning performance
system data, and liaising with the shared service center for
- Answering queries from managers and employees including but not
limited to questions regarding policies, time card issues,
performance review queries and data issues
- Reporting People metrics: Compiling and preparing monthly
reports and documents (i.e., Survey data, Cost per hire,
Demographics, New Hire Turnover, OT hours, etc.), as
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure all Data is up to date
and accurate across the globe and helping with reporting when
- Collaborating with various team members both domestically and
internationally; demonstrating sensitivity to intercultural
relations between various states and countries
- Resolving routine inquiries and problems requiring knowledge of
divisional and departmental policies, procedures, and projects in
progress in a timely fashion
- Partnering with US HR team in contributing to planning and
organizing T&F colleague announcements, and company events
(i.e., virtual activities, birthday announcement, new hire
- Updating the internal Portal pages with up-to-date information
and ensure the portal pages are stay current
- Providing support for ad hoc HR projects as assigned and/or
- Partnering with HR Coordinator in maintaining physical and
digital employee personnel files.
- Working on additional tasks including initiate routine, and
some non-routine, correspondences for approval.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of HR experience, with a proven track
record as an HR Generalist.
- Experience working with a diverse, global workforce,
understanding the nuances of HR across different regions.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry or investment
management is a plus, but not required.
- HR certification (SHRM-CP, PHR, etc.) preferred, but not
- Aptitude to thrive in our entrepreneurial culture where change
and ambiguity are constants. You will have the opportunity to
create and shape HR initiatives and processes.
- As a self-guided professional, you will work with autonomy and
make decisions that align with our company's values and objectives.
Your ability to take the lead on HR matters will be crucial.
- This position will work on a hybrid model out of our New York
or Pittsburgh offices or remotely from the following states: NY,
NJ, CT, VA, FL, PA
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a
collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match,
affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and
other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
The pay range for this position is $95,000-$105,000/year. However,
base pay will be determined on an individual basis considering
various factors, including location, qualifications, skills, and
experience. The total compensation package includes eligibility for
an annual discretionary bonus and a full range of health and
financial benefit offerings, which will be provided in conjunction
with an offer of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to
track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such,
you may be required to disclose your prior political
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal
employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of
race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and
gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status,
veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition
(as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual
orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with
whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial,
religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In
addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment
opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it
does business. We are completely committed to these principles not
only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but
because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in
the application process, contact Human Resources at
ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
Keywords: Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!