Sr. Manager, HR Operations
Company: Cinch Home Services, Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Sr. Manager, Payroll & Benefits HR OperationsPurposeSr. Manager,
Payroll & Benefits HR Operations manages the deployment and
administration of operational processes used to deliver HR programs
and projects. Collaborates with stakeholders to provide
consultation, process design, and project management of HR program
implementations and initiatives like compensation/payroll,
benefits, and performance management.The Sr. Manager, Payroll &
Benefits HR Operations is responsible for supporting the management
of employee benefits and wellness goals, payroll and leads the
implementation of the wellbeing vision and strategy for Cinch. This
includes, but is not limited to, making recommendations based on
data analysis, open enrollment, monthly billing, and data audits &
reporting in the current HR system (UKG). In this role you are
responsible for the oversight of maintaining and monitoring the
company's payroll process, payroll tax reporting, performance
management, and the external payroll vendor to ensure accurate and
timely receipt of compensation.The Sr. Manager, Payroll & Benefits
HR Operations will serve as the SME in all areas of benefits
administration. You have a lead role in managing the Sr. Benefits
Specialist in administering our wellness program and ensuring they
are the main point of contact for all benefits requests, ensuring
employees have the right information to make informed decisions as
it pertains to their elections. The ideal candidate is a
solution-driven individual who sees inefficiencies as an exciting
opportunity to create impactful changes within the Benefits and
Payroll team.Essential FunctionsPayroll
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues,
records, and company information.
- Ensure compliance by developing and adhering to internal
controls requirements, maintaining updated documentation for
payroll processes, and providing recommendations as appropriate,
with a demonstrated ability to own the Ultimate Software systems
- Determine and implement payroll strategic plan through
partnership with key stakeholders.
- Ensure correct processing of special payroll items such as
disability payments; relocation, expense reports, or other
expenses; additional payroll runs for bonuses, etc.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state payroll tax
regulations, respond, and resolve all payroll tax issues, and
ensure adequate tax registration and correct tax rates in the
system. Advise HR management on needed action and provide required
notifications to employees.
- Manage quarterly reconciliation of Wage and Tax Reports and
calendar year-end processing of payroll, including supplemental
payrolls, W-2 and other tax forms, and other government-required
- Monitor and analyze payroll metrics to identify trends and
opportunities for improvement.
- Manage the annual payroll budget, ensuring that costs are
within budget and any variances are explained and addressed.
- Stay current on payroll trends and regulatory changes and make
recommendations for process improvements and updates.
- Partner with HR to ensure accurate benefits entry in systems,
and reconciliation of year-end requirements. Includes 401(k)
administration and audit participation.
- Support required audits as requested.
- Oversee the maintenance of all employee records (manually and
electronically) to reflect all changes in employment (i.e., hires,
terminations, promotions, transfers, benefits enrollments,
involuntary deductions, etc.) in accordance with the company's
policies and procedures, and with state and federal laws and
- Compile statistical data and information, maintain various
records, and prepare special and periodic reports. Seek to find
solutions for internal customers to self-serve on-going data
- Identify and monitor payroll reporting KPI's.
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as
- Responsible for the administration of all company sponsored
benefits programs such as group health, dental, and vision plans,
disability, life, retirement plans, time off, COBRA and ancillary
benefits: eligibility, enrollment, changes in family status, claims
administration, terminations, etc.
- Prepares reports and presentations on health and wellbeing data
and progress/performance as needed/requested.
- Communicates progress and performance of wellbeing initiatives
regularly with divisional and market executive leadership to
demonstrate program value and impact on healthcare costs, absence,
workers compensation and productivity.
- Lead company-wide well-being strategy implementation, provide
divisional support (toolkits, best practices, etc.) to enhance
whole person health within the organization.
- Identifies health and wellbeing opportunities for team members
through assessment of population health data.
- Assist Sr. Benefits Specialist in obtaining statistics and
information in the renewal process of any health, life and
retirement plans that benefit the company, and in line with local
markets and best practices.
- Optimize the strategy and tactics for the wellbeing champion
network to advance the culture of wellbeing at a grassroots
- Oversee any/all Benefit Plan Set-ups and Pay Calculations
(deductions, adjustments, etc.).
- Reviews/audits/verifies monthly Benefit Plan invoices and
processes on a timely basis.
- Administers the input and reporting of employee data for the
- Ensures employee understanding of benefit programs by working
with the Benefits broker to regularly generate communications.
- Provide counsel to employees/dependents as situations arise.
Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters
effective relationships with client representatives.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as
- Knowledge of Health and Welfare regulations and compliance laws
- Prior experience working in a transformational environment and
managing multiple priorities is a must.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems
to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions
including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other
- Prior experience working in a broker or carrier environment is
- Must possess strong organizational, communication (both written
and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, strong follow-up and customer service
skills are essential.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, UltiPro, and
- Ability to maintain 100% CONFIDENTIALITY and professionalism
with payroll and personnel information - zero tolerance on
divulging confidential information.
- Must be results driven, passionate, and flexible to contribute
to a high-performance culture and a great place to work.Education
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or a job-related field is preferred or a combination of education
- Ten (10) years of multi-state payroll and tax experience
- Ultimate Software (UKG) experience required.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding payroll
and benefits, including the ACA, FLSA, etc.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems related to payroll and benefits,
including system implementation, system optimization, and
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills including
complex accounting issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as exemplified by the ability
to establish and maintain productive relationships with peers,
employees, and vendors; and to diplomatically resolve payroll,
benefits, and human resource issues.
- Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and
do word processing.
- Self-starter with initiative who can work in a fast-paced and
changing environment and is able to handle multiple priorities and
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work through
processes, identify and implement process improvements and resolve
complex accounting matters.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently; displays a
commitment to service, be process oriented, and have a sense of
urgency balanced with good judgement.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Keywords: Cinch Home Services, Inc., Boca Raton , Sr. Manager, HR Operations, Human Resources , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...