HR Business Partner
Company: SBA Communications Corporation
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: June 23, 2022
SBA Communications (SBA) is an industry leader in providing the
wireless infrastructure that makes communication work, with a track
record of growth throughout the Americas, South Africa and
Southeast Asia. We offer medical, dental and vision insurance
options, 401K Retirement Plan with company match, Global Stock
Ownership and Employee Stock Purchase Programs. generous Paid Time
Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement and many other impactful
Your Next Career Opportunity - Human Resources Business Partner
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Human Resources, the
HRBP will work closely with assigned business leaders to drive
business outcomes and strong employee engagement through the
development and execution of an aligned talent strategy. The
successful candidate will partner with the business leaders to
develop team objectives and interpret what core competencies and
talent mix is necessary to deliver business results. Further, the
role is accountable for leading HR activities and programs, from
need identification to implementation, considering the unique needs
of our internal customers. This individual will also be charged
with strengthening the leadership team of each function and driving
an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching and
consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership
capability and capacity.
What You Will Do - Primary Responsibilities
* Manage My Team
* Function as the day to day HR partner to several corporate
divisions in the organization.
* Lead and execute talent strategies and utilize all talent
management tools to ensure appropriate talent mix.
* Identify critical competencies for success in efforts to plan for
and lead training initiatives in partnership with the business;
drive a strong development focused culture.
* Interview and select top talent and build a strong talent bench
with backups at all levels to drive organizational
* Recognize, train, coach and provide meaningful feedback to
support talent development and performance management, inclusive of
providing day-to-day coaching to leadership on employee relations
issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management
and development; and organizational design consultation.
* Leverage tools and resources to identify and implement solutions
to respond to cultural trends and resolve leadership concerns that
* Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve
buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing
"win-win" solutions across a matrix management organization
* Ensure a positive on-boarding experience for new team members at
* Develop high performing HR resources to drive talent, culture and
HR team operations.
* Embrace an open door culture; expect all leaders to do the
* Provide clear, concise and timely communication across assigned
teams, departments and business lines.
* Conduct (and resolve) simple to complex workplace investigations
regarding complaints and/or concerns brought forth by team members,
and recommend corrective action if/when appropriate.
* Assist leaders in writing effective performance improvement plans
and other disciplinary actions to minimize company liability while
safeguarding employee rights.
* Maintain confidentiality to the highest degree.
* Manage My Business
* Educate team on what delivering our Higher Purpose in your
business means and how it leads to increased company brand
awareness, loyalty and revenues.
* Execute new initiatives and cyclical HR processes; lead and coach
teams through change.
* Utilize strong partnerships with leadership teams to problem
solve, coach and deliver solutions that address business gaps
within assigned client groups.
* Lead HR teams to achieve exceptional operational results (e.g.,
retention, training, engagement). Analyze trends and metrics in
partnership with HR peers to develop solutions; programs and
policies that drive optimal team and operational performance.
* Implement solutions to solve critical staffing needs at all
levels; ensure leaders drive the development culture to build their
* Ensure stability of teams through a focus on productivity and
turnover at all levels.
* Manage employee relations/performance management issues inclusive
of conducting internal investigations and performing
* Lead a compliance culture that mitigates legal risk (e.g., Form
I-9, termination and final pay requirements, etc.). Maintain
compliance and understanding with federal and state regulations
concerning employment practices. Support and administer policy and
ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws
* Assist the Risk Management team with accommodating modified duty
and engaging in the ADA interactive process.
* Respond to Unemployment Claims for assigned client groups.
* Lead a culture of financial accountability; leverage tools and
reporting to lead teams to achieve and maintain headcount goals,
internal equity in pay distribution and educate teams on ways to
control expenses (e.g., payroll, turnover, and expense
* Manage My Development
* Champion personal leadership development using company tools and
programs and actively seek feedback.
* Be an expert and be purposeful about solving cross functional
problems or identified areas for improvement.
* Foster effective and consistent working relationships with
co-workers, manager, leadership and the general team member
* Maintain a working knowledge of changing regulatory environment
(via practice, reading, and/or coursework/ seminars) affecting
* Ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, and
operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
What You'll Need - Qualifications & Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of
* and 5-10 years of progressive HR experience. Experience in
handling employee relations issues and dealing with labor laws.
Knowledge and practical application of all HR discipline and
* Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
* Domestic Travel
* Valid Government Issued Driver's License
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR)-HRCI or SHRM-CP
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: SBA Communications Corporation, Boca Raton , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!