Coding Educator and Trainer
Company: Tenet Florida Physician Services
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Description - ExternalGeneral Summary: Responsible for
conducting coding and billing training programs for billing
specialists and all providers in the market (Physicians as well as
other licensed medical personnel). Creates presentations, develops
educational material and other training materials.Essential Job
- Lead training sessions on current billing and coding
information in the medical field.
- Develop curriculum and training for newly hired providers;
monitor coding clearances to meet TPR standard.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to assess comprehension of
- Organize and participate in coding and billing meetings.
- Review and respond to coding questions from providers and
- Research updated coding information, rules, laws and statutes,
for all payers and government entities and proactively educate
providers and staff.
- Provide continual and as needed coding and payer specific
education to providers and staff.
- Perform random chart audits for remote and onsite coders as
well as providers.
- Ensure billed service is being accurately coded.
- Communicate findings of audits and prepare education as
- Conduct coding reviews and training programs to assure coding
- Perform analysis of benchmark to actual on coding related Key
- Monitor coding holds and turnaround times for responses to
payers and/or market finance teams.
- Monitor and track appeals
- Prepare unlisted procedures, as needed, per TPR SOP
- Research coding issues that arise from staff, providers or the
- Work with coding vendor partners and manage the process within
- Establish monthly meetings with vendor to review current work
- Ensure vendor partner is informed of new hires
- Review any coding corrections and/or regulatory issues no less
than monthly or sooner as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of ICD10 and CPT classifications and coding
of diagnoses and procedures.
- Identify elements of a medical record's structure and content
and code abstracting. Periodically review providers coding vs the
error rate of the coder assigned to the provider; move providers
from coding review to independent provider coding and rotate
provider to the audit schedule for all providers meeting
- Participate in monthly TPR coding meetings with TPR coding
educators and TPR Regional Coding Directors
- Work with Quality teams on EHR templates
- Work with Compliance teams as needed and manage any remediation
plans for assigned providers and/or staff.
- Knowledge of all regulatory, compliance and third-party billing
and collection guidelines and keeps abreast of any changes or any
issues that might arise as well as communicating those
changes/issues to senior leadership, team members and practice
staff. Qualifications - ExternalEducation: High school diploma or
equivalent is required and 5-7 years of experience with physician
office coding in a corporate or large multi-specialty physician
group practice.Certification: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) is
required.Experience: 5-7 years of experience with physician office
coding in a corporate or large multi-specialty physician group
practice.Advanced knowledge of CPT-4, HCPCS, ICD-10, and third
party requirements is required.Experience in problem-solving and
exercising initiative, judgment, and discretion a must.
Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills as
well as the ability to present information and communicate
effectively with a wide variety of people, including physicians,
staff, and others.Excellent leadership skills and the willingness
to work with and supervise remote coders.Detail oriented with the
ability to identify and research educational opportunities for
physicians and other staff.Ability to organize data and present
outcome statistics using Microsoft Excel and/or PowerPoint.
Keywords: Tenet Florida Physician Services, Boca Raton , Coding Educator and Trainer, Human Resources , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!