Retail Sales Associate PT (Boca East)
Company: Gulfstream Goodwill Industries
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Carry out sales and processing assignments required to greet and
service customers and donors. Accept payments for purchase from
customer, count, verify and document cash receipts, and perform
sales and processing assignments as directed; contribute to the
mission of Goodwill by portraying a positive image and maximizing
revenues of the organization, working within the limits of
- Greet and respond to customers. Assist customers with their
needs, answer merchandise questions, inform them of special sales
and provide information or assistance to facilitate sales.
- Set up cash drawers for daily transactions, count and verify
cash. Verify item pricing; accept payments from customers; count
and distribute change and issue receipt.
- Clean front doors, glass and mirrors throughout the store
maintaining above standards cleanliness on sales floor
- Handle customer problems, discounts, exchanges, voids, and
returns as directed by organization policies.
- Answer customer phone calls, answer questions and/or direct
call to correct recipient.
- Assist to receive goods from donors, answer questions and issue
receipts as needed.
- Stock, arrange, and maintain merchandise in store. Place wares
in proper location, pull clothes per rotation policy guidelines,
hang and re-hang clothing, and make certain items are clean,
orderly, in good shape and not broken.
- Check dressing rooms; remove clothing, hangers, and debris.
Clean and vacuum area.
- Process clothes and wares as needed.
- Remain observant of all activity in store to identify theft and
- Perform any range of assignments or special projects as
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill
mission to help people with disabilities and other barriers to
become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to
maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and
equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to
integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve
problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to
new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or
- Minimum one (1) year previous cashier, sales or public contact
- Basic math skills are needed; ability to count accurately,
including ability to return correct change.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and understand
- Ability to follow instructions and attentive to details.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people in a positive
manner; excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work inconsistent and atypical hours, including
evenings, weekends and holidays.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling
stooping, bending and bagging of goods
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs. minimum
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Cash register, telephone, hangers, racks, dust mops, brooms, carts,
vacuum, hand truck, furniture dolly, lift gear and other standard
store and safety equipment.
Pay Rate: $10.00/hour
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Boca Raton , Retail Sales Associate PT (Boca East), Hospitality & Tourism , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!