Field Care Manager Registered Nurse - Care Manager
Company: Humana Inc
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Field Care Manager Registered NurseDescription
The Field Care Manager Nurse 2 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Field Care Manager Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Field Care Manager Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches, and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental, and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
* Active Registered Nurse, RN, license in the state of Florida without disciplinary action
* 2 years acute clinical hospital experience working with the adult population
* Working knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
* Experience communicating and maintaining strong relationships with providers, members, community resource partners
* Ability to work with minimal supervision within the role and scope
* Ability to use a variety of electronic information, applications/software programs including electronic medical records
* Intermediate to Advanced using MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Excel, Shared Systems, keyboard, web navigation skills, and troubleshoot and resolve general technical issuess
Additional Requirements / Adherence
Workstyle: Hyrbid - Combination Remote work at home and local onsite member visits
Location: Miami-Dade or Broward Counties
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time. This position may have a flexible work schedule as approved by the leader
* Ability to travel to member's residence within 30 to 40 miles
* Member facing visits average 2-3 days weekly
Driver Safety Program
* This role is a part of Humana's Driver Safety program and therefore requires and individual to have a valid state driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,00 limits.
Work at Home Guidance To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates' ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
* At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
* Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
* Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
* Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
* Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Program
* This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
AHCA II Level Background Clearance
* Associates working in the State of Florida will need AHCA Level II Background clearance
* 2+ years of experience of in-home case/care management
* Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
* Previous managed care experience
* Bilingual - English, Spanish
* Certification in Case Management
* Motivational Interviewing Certification and/or knowledge
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Humana offers industry leading benefits for all employees, starting your FIRST day of employment. Benefits include:
Health and Childcare Savings Accounts
Flex Spending Accounts
401K / Roth
Generous Paid and Holiday Time off including volunteer time off, parental leave, caregiving leave, weekly well-being time, and so much more!
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Field Care Manager Registered NurseDescription
Keywords: Humana Inc, Boca Raton , Field Care Manager Registered Nurse - Care Manager, Healthcare , Boca Raton, Florida
here to apply!