Registered Nurse: Day Shift, Night Shift, Per Diem
Company: Caron Treatment Center
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Starting at $37 / hour and up based on experienceClick here to
learn more about the opening of The Keele
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The RN will assume the charge nurse role if applicable and/or
unit nurse role by:
- Receiving and giving accurate and thorough shift reports
- Keeping the physicians informed of patient's conditions, change
of conditions, Level of Care (LOC) and triage information and
- Correctly entering and taking off (acknowledging), and
processing physician orders
- Oversight (supervision) of the care of patients by auxiliary
personnel (i.e.: LPN, C.M.A. C.N.A.)
- Organizing and delegating patient care activities to
appropriate personnel, when applicable
- Monitoring and/or performing diagnostic screening tests as
ordered by physician
- Providing thorough and accurate patient information during
shift exchange for end of shift report and/or handoff
- Monitor and address scheduling/staffing issues as needed
- Assesses individual patient care needs, report findings, and
competently implement treatment plan.
- Serves as a resource to other nurses and treatment team
- Performs nursing assessments, level of care (LOC), and reviews
patient histories to document all necessary information in the
Electronic Medical Record.
- Prepares patients for examinations: height/weight, vitals,
collect and process lab specimens including Urine Drug Screen
(UDS), Urinalysis (UA), Chem Sticks, point of care tests, etc.
following proper infection control guidelines.
- The RN utilizes safe and effective practices of medication
management as defined by policy including the oversight of
self-administration observation of medication.
- Administers and monitors the effects of medications, ensures
accurate medication is ordered and administered for controlled
substances and conducts accurate med counts.
- Provides appropriate patient education as determined by patient
assessments/needs and treatment plans.
- The RN monitors and/or performs withdrawal assessments (i.e.,
Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment - CIWA, Clinical Opiate
Withdrawal Scale - COWS) and appropriately implements/instructs the
necessary nursing interventions.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents in the medical record
utilizing approved medical record language and abbreviations while
adhering to the medical record policies and procedures.
- Works with administrative support staff to schedule all patient
appointments related to their medical treatment.
- Works a flexible schedule based upon service demands, which may
- Attends all mandatory trainings as indicated by direct
supervisor and as identified by Caron policies. Completes yearly
- Attends multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as needed.
- Maintains the quality control logs.
- Ensures the highest level of professionalism for self and staff
and maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Mentors/trains new employees working in the Medical Department.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks or
expectations to perform all other duties that may be assigned.
Physical Requirements:The physical and mental demands described
here are representative of those that must be met to successfully
perform the essential functions of the role of Registered Nurse
(RN). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting: up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Standing: up to several hours at a time, this may include
walking, ascending and descending steps.
- Walking: must be able to ambulate throughout the assigned
facilities on campus or Caron properties.
- Sitting: up to several hours at a time for data entry into the
computer or medical record documentation.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in
which hired to work required
- Current Certified Addiction Registered Nurse (CARN)
- 1-3 years' experience working as an RN preferably in ER, acute
care or mental health setting required
- Current CPR/First Aid training/certification required.
- 21 years of age or older is required
- Requires a current, valid, unrestricted driver's license
- If in recovery, 2 years continuous sobriety preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Previous hospital/chemical dependency rehabilitation treatment
program experience desired.
- Possess a working knowledge of addictions with age specific
patient populations preferred.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical record and
Competencies / Measurements:
- Ability to utilize medical equipment including EKG machine,
glucometers, aerosol treatment machines, oxygen tanks, and suction
machine - Annual training, proficiency demonstration
- Able to administer medications correctly and document
administration of medications thoroughly - Quality control
- Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of Caron policies and
procedures pertinent to the nurse's practice - Competency exam.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Medical/Nursing documentation -
Quality control of medical documentation according to predetermined
- Able to perform diagnostic screening tests such as identified
waived testing - Proficiency demonstration.#IND100
Keywords: Caron Treatment Center, Boca Raton , Registered Nurse: Day Shift, Night Shift, Per Diem, Healthcare , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...