Physical Therapy Office Specialist
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview: Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on
Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by
Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided
during the interview process.JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of
tasks in a clinic setting to enable Therapists to advise and treat
patients in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and
procedures. Responsibilities: MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews initial referral request for therapy services.
- Reviews PT Authorization Guidelines and Protocol notes.
- Contacts appropriate payer (employer/insurance carrier) to
obtain authorization for requested therapy services.
- Submits required documentation to payer to assist in
- Notifies the patient of scheduled therapy appointment(s)
- Documents all appropriate information per Policy and
- Communicates referral status and/or non-standard issues to the
referring CMCProvider, Center Therapy Director, CSS Manager and
other involved parties.
- Communicates with center staff as necessary.
- Submits appropriate reports to CSS Manager/Area Therapy
- Occusource-Check in therapy
- Check out - therapy
- Charge out therapy
- Escorts patients and coordinate flow
- Pulls medical records and process charts
- Calls no shows
- Maintains authorization process/logs
- Tracks Plan of Care Patient Care/Dept. maintenance: (increase
- Walk patients from therapy to the exam room and write the
appropriate information on the provider board.
- Print transcriptions and reports for Center Therapy
- Call for authorization and document on correct form. If after 3
attempts, is unsuccessful in obtaining authorization, contact
employer and notify Medical Director and Center Therapy
- Call patients daily to remind them of their appointment for the
next day and fill out appropriate log.
- Call patients who have missed their appointment and document in
the patient chart the reason for the missed appointment.
- Wash/Fold therapy linens.
- Wipe down treatment tables.
- Refill ultra sound bottles.
- Check temperature of hydro collator / paraffin bath and record
in daily log.
- Performs HPEsWeekly:
- Maintain inventory of therapy supplies and printed forms.
- Discard electrodes of discharged patients.
- Put together packets for Group Health Marketing.Monthly
- Fill/change water as needed in hot pack collator.
- Maintain inventory Fill/change water as needed in hot pack
- Defrost cold pack collator.
- Performs department cleaning
- Completes Essential Functions inventory form
- Assists with patient set up/take down
- Supervises exercise programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Office environment
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive
information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
management. Qualifications: EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS:
- High school diploma or GED-
- Bilingual preferred - Prefer applicants who are
conversationally fluent and can read and write in both English and
Spanish Additional Data: BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program If you're looking for an
organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it
does its patients, consider Concentra. This job requires access to
confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing
discretion and secure information management. Concentra is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Keywords: Concentra, Boca Raton , Physical Therapy Office Specialist, Healthcare , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!