Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Women's Health - Boca Raton, FL - Women's Services
Company: Healthcare District of Palm Beach County
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Women's Health - Boca
This position evaluates and treats patients of the Health Care
District Primary Care Clinics.
- Assesses and records patients' medical and surgical history,
physical and psychosocial needs.
- Compiles and evaluates medical and psychological histories of
- Performs complete physical assessments of patients.
- Identifies and evaluates problems, complaints, and symptoms as
reported and presented by patients, by patient families, or by
staff about the patients.
- Initiates treatment and therapies according to the protocols
established mutually with the supervising physician.
- Prescribes medications, monitors medications, and alters
medication according to the protocols established with the
- Orders and performs tests and procedures according to the
protocols established mutually with the supervising physician.
- Plans and conducts health education for patients, families and
facility staff related to the patient's medical condition,
treatment, or prognosis.
- Participates in the facility's quality assurance/quality
- Participates in the patients' plan of care, interdisciplinary
team meetings, committee meetings and rehabilitation meetings when
- Discusses findings as needed with attending physician,
consulting staff, and medical service providers.
- Reviews the results of tests and procedures, making notations
and changes in patients' plans or orders according to the protocols
established with the supervising physician.
- Performs mental status exams.
- Continually monitors the health care services provided and
changes orders as necessary to meet the individual patient needs
according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP
and the supervising physician.
- Contacts the physician for any condition requiring direct
evaluation or specific consultation by the physician according to
the protocols established mutually with the supervising
- Interacts with patients' family members, as needed.--Emergency
duty may be required of the incumbent that includes working in Red
Cross shelters or to perform other emergency duties including, but
not limited to, responses to threats or disasters, man-made or
natural. Additionally, incumbents are required to perform emergency
response and management duties for Palm Beach County as
Education: Degree requirements per the Florida State Board of
Nursing for ARNPs; Master's Degree preferred.Experience: Three (3)
to five (5) years previous experience in caring for
critically/terminally ill or aging persons
required.Certification:Advanced Practice Registered Nurse- Primary
Care ClinicsCurrent ACLS or BLS certification
required.Licensure:State of Florida, Department of Health Advanced
Registered Nurse Practitioner required; must have signed agreement
with licensed physician in accordance with Florida law. May require
a valid Florida Driver's License dependent on
assignment.Registrations:ARNP Registration required.--Health Care
District of Palm Beach County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug Free Workplace. We embrace diversity and do not
discriminate based on--race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Healthcare District of Palm Beach County, Boca Raton , Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Women's Health - Boca Raton, FL - Women's Services, Healthcare , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!