Endoscopy Tech (FT) - Boca Raton Outpatient Surgery
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: January 7, 2022
US-FL-Boca Raton# of Openings: 2Category: Technician/Clinical
UnlicensedSystem ID: 18481Group Name: LegacyOverviewSurgical Care
Affiliates (SCA) is transforming specialty care in our communities.
We relentlessly create value by aligning physicians, health plans
and health systems around a common goal: delivering exceptional
care and healing to our patients and communities we serve. We are
driven to achieve the quadruple aim in health care: high quality
outcomes and a better experience for patients and providers, all at
a lower total cost of care. As a national leader in surgical care,
SCA's 10,000 teammates operate more than 250 surgical facilities
that serve nearly 1 million patients per year. For more information
on SCA, visit .Why join SCA? Consider the following fantastic
- Positive work culture
- Career growth opportunities
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Paid time off plus 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity/adoption benefits
- Employer-paid life and short- and long-term disability
- Excellent 401(k) Plan Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesWe are
actively hiring for an Endoscopy Technician.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Function as an assistive person during endoscopy procedures by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources.
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and
tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy
- Assembling supplies and equipment required for the
- Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instruments for
- Providing instruments and supplies to the endoscopist during
- Maintaining an organized sterile field.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Maintain endoscopy instruments and accessories in working
order. Troubleshoots and recognizes malfunctions
- Clean and prepare equipment and instruments for processing and
transport them to the decontamination areas.
- Ensure scopes are prepared for use in accordance with policies
and procedures and manufacturer's instructions for use
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
- Assist with post procedure cleaning of the procedure room and
preparation of room for subsequent patients.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Prior Experience as a GI Tech preferred.
- Successful completion of BCLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current BCLS certification. Working
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Boca Raton , Endoscopy Tech (FT) - Boca Raton Outpatient Surgery, Healthcare , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!