Company: Penn State University
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 17, 2023
CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the
university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to
Workday to complete the student application process . Please do not
apply here, apply internally through Workday.JOB DESCRIPTION AND
POSITION REQUIREMENTS:The Pennsylvania State University seeks
candidates for the position of Budget Director. This position
reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Budget and
Finance with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President for Finance
& Business/Treasurer. The Budget Director is responsible for
supporting the budget planning, analysis, and reporting activities
for the University. The Budget Director delivers meaningful budget
variance reporting and analysis and leverages technology to
modernize the University's approach to deploying budget and
financial resources. Primary responsibilities of this position
- Support the development of the University's $8.4B+ budget.
- Develop reports, financial projections, and analysis for short
and long-term planning.
- Develop forecasts, models and scenarios that inform budget
planning and resource allocation decisions.
- Prepare materials for annual state and federal reporting
- Manage, track, and allocate internal University reserves and
- Utilize our enterprise resource planning tool to monitor and
track the budget.
- Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures which
ensure that resources are used in the most effective and efficient
- Create standardized reporting templates and training
- Explore and recommend operational improvement opportunities
related to budget and planning.
- Anticipate and respond to budget challenges and opportunities,
including ones related to federal research funding.
- Participate as needed in tuition and financial aid discussions
with a focus on access and affordability.
- Comply with the University's internal and external reporting
requirements and support the advancement of institutional data
resources to provide official data for federal and state
- Represent budget and finance on various internal committees as
- Manage and lead a diverse team of professionals to manage the
University's budget process and implementation. As a member of the
Budget and Finance Team, you will be joining a team of individuals
who have the ambition to help Penn State succeed. Workforce
diversity, cultural inclusiveness, and employment equity are deeply
rooted in Penn State's historic mission. Just as we are committed
to being a diverse educational environment, we are also committed
to being a diverse working community. As a community, we endeavor
to be a mixture of cultural backgrounds, life experiences, and
individual perspectives that add variety and vitality to the
workplace. The University believes that we can learn from each
other's differences and break down the barriers that separate us.
Penn State is a place where everyone can be themselves, together.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years related experience
- Supervision experience and effective leader of people and
programs with ability to build, nurture, and retain a strong team
of professionals and commitment to foster and advance a diverse and
- Experience working in a large, complex organization, higher
education environment preferred.
- Financial, budget, and analytics experience.
- Experience developing key partnerships across a variety of
stakeholders to collaborate and gain buy-in on initiatives.
- Experience developing and implementing transformational change,
with the ability to think strategically and implement sound
financial and budget practices and reporting. Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic analytical thinker and creative problem solver
- Team player and collaborator; humble
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; effective
- Exceptional organization skills with ability to manage
- Accurately analyze and report information
- Active listener
- Political acumen CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:Pursuant to
the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus
Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State
publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report
(ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies
concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and
drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual
assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here
.Employment with the University will require successful completion
of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. -EEO
IS THE LAWPenn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to
all qualified applications without regards to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable
to use our online application process due to an impairment or
disability, please contact 814-865-1473.Penn State is committed to
the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of
employment, all -employees -are required to comply with COVID-19
vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19
Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements
as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State. There's a
reason Penn State consistently ranks among the top one percent of
the world's universities. Across 24 campuses, our 100,000 students
and 40,000 faculty and staff know the real measure of success goes
beyond the classroom - it's the positive impact made on communities
across the world. Our ideals stem from our origins as
Pennsylvania's sole land-grant institution, which allow us to
continue to bring positive impact to humanity through our teaching,
research, and engagement mission. And across the world is a
community of Penn Staters - more than half a million strong -
driven by that same spirit to serve our local and global
communities.At Penn State, passion is met with collaboration in an
environment that is rooted in shared pride for the accomplishments
of our fellow students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Penn Staters
cheer each other on to build a culture committed to service and
engagement.Our University values represent our core ethical
aspirations for all our daily activities and actions as students,
faculty, staff, and volunteers at Penn State. Our values are as
follows; Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Discovery, Excellence,
Keywords: Penn State University, Boca Raton , Budget Director, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...