Director, Business Governance - International
Company: SBA Communications
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Are you looking for:
- Work/Life Balance?
- A company where you will make a difference?
- A unique remote work policy?
- Tuition reimbursement?
- Fitness Reimbursement?
- 401K program with company match?
- Ownership of a well performing stock?
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)?
- Commuter Reimbursement?
- Cellular Phone discounts?
- Vehicle Discounts? SBA is one of the top 20 Real Estate
Investment Trusts (REITs) based on market capitalization. Since
1989 SBA Communications has been a leading independent owner and
operator of wireless communications infrastructure. Currently in 16
countries and growing, we are seeking career minded individuals who
want to feel valued and work in a fast-paced company. You can
search our openings, review our benefits, and learn more about SBA
Communications by clicking on the link. Your Next Career
Opportunity - Director, Business Governance - InternationalThe
Director of Business Governance leads strategic process improvement
and governance initiatives. The Director will lead all performance,
quality, and process improvement activities across the
international markets to achieve greater efficiencies across the
organization. The Director is also responsible for developing and
maintaining governance programs that leverage best practices,
reduce risk to the organization, and improve operational
capabilities through standardization, organization, documentation,
controls, and stewardship. Finally, the Director is responsible for
actively promoting a culture of continuous improvement across the
organization. This includes identifying, scheduling, facilitating,
and leading process improvement initiatives using methods of team
building, data gathering, and analysis, problem-solving, and
project and change management.What You Will Do - Primary
- Responsible for developing, implementing, communicating and
maintaining governance plans and procedures for the international
- Establish, maintain, and govern all operational processes,
standards, procedures and practices such as problem management,
change control process, and general daily operations.
- Work closely with country operations and HQ management to
identify, analyze, map and document business processes, business
requirements and workflows. Identify issues and risks.
- Discover, map, document, and implement Best Known Practices
(BKP). Communicate best practices and key learning's across the
organization. Create BKP aligned with capabilities to drive the
- Evaluate and identify efficiencies and process improvements as
- Assure that practices promoting continuous improvement are
adopted by the organization to drive process, efficiency and
- Suggest automation solutions for processes and work closely
with IT in order to implement such automations.
- Roll-out and train team members across all markets operations
on developed and improved processes.
- Prepare high-quality well thought-out presentations.
- Responsible of auditing and ensuring quality and process
- Manage the Sarbanes Oxley 404 documentation process by working
with Internal Audit, External Audit and the process owners to
insure that the objectives are being met.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select,
hire, and employ a talented and diverse group of high performing
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance
with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing
new team member onboarding and providing career development
planning and growth opportunities.
- Empower team members to take ownership of their job and goals.
Delegate responsibilities as needed and provide routine
constructive feedback on performance.
- Create a culture that is consistent with the organization's
focus on team member engagement and that aligns with the
organization's mission, vision and values.
- Lead team members using a performance management and
development focused approach to assist in goal setting, two-way
feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead team members to meet the organization's expectations for
productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. What You'll Need -
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Portuguese preferred
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study, or equivalent
- and 5-10 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and intermediate proficiency working
with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word,
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- International Travel 20% of the time
- Valid Government Issued Driver's License
- Valid Government Issued Passport Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesOur people
are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the
customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be a
part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and
dedication, we're the right company for you. #LI-FP1
Keywords: SBA Communications, Boca Raton , Director, Business Governance - International, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...