Interconnect Project Management Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology
and communications services, transforming the way we connect across
the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing...
As an Interconnect Engineer, you will be part of a team that works
with the latest technology to provide our customers access to our
many network components including 5G systems. You will be
responsible for providing end to end technical oversight and
project management for transport network expansion projects. These
projects focus on the expansion of the network hubs in support of
EBH, dark fiber, ngMLS, and microwave network.
- Providing technical support and project management for the
design, acquisition, and implementation for all equipment
supporting Network infrastructure projects including, but not
limited to network hub power/space/cooling, equipment installation,
equipment integration, and network readiness.
- Planning, designing, and implementing the latest transport
technologies in support of our 5G network rollout, in addition to,
supporting the existing 4G LTE infrastructure.
- Managing vendor selection, contract negotiation, RFP and
- Utilizing an internal database to document all fiber assets,
and design end to end circuit paths to include equipment
configurations and card/port assignments.
- Developing and maintaining circuit delivery schedules for each
project and actively managing and driving the vendors to meet our
- Running various utilization reports to evaluate capacity, and
issue design changes as needed to maintain optimal performance of
- Working with Network planning on strategic initiatives to
develop future technology solutions that support our
- Collaborating with other network groups to ensure projects meet
expectant demands in support of the company's objectives.
- Managing capital spending on a monthly basis to align with
forecasted spend and project timelines. Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes
work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Three or more years of relevant work experience with an
emphasis on power, space, and cooling requirements.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Valid Driver's license. Even better if you have one or more of
- Experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry.
- In depth knowledge and advanced proficiency in CWDM/DWDM
Optical Transport systems including: Ciena, Nokia, and
- Experience in Dark Fiber vendors, their organizational
processes and standards, as well as their network portfolio
- Knowledge of electrical and HVAC design standards.
- Good Decision making skills (by making appropriate use of all
available information and data; anticipating the future and
preparing accordingly; recognizing the impact of decisions upon the
rest of the organization; receiving broad guidance; being
accountable for broad project results; and being responsible for
the leadership of broad programs in support of organizational or
- Good organizational and planning skills (setting and
communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources
of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; consistently
following up on outstanding items; and providing focus in meetings
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working
knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills needed.
- Highly productive and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of IP addressing, routing principles, and network
- Experience in Granite or CND circuit database and Fuze. If
Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to
apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.Our credo is at
the core of the
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Boca Raton , Interconnect Project Management Engineer, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!