Company: Basic Fun!
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Basic Fun! is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of
some of the world's best known and loved toys including Tonka, Care
Bears, Lite Brite, Lincoln Logs, K'nex, Playhut and Cutetitos. Our
products are sold by leading retailers and distributors throughout
the US and over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an
omni-channel go-to-market strategy with a strong presence on-line,
in store and in family entertainment venues. Our iconic brands and
broad product portfolio span generations and help create
In collaboration with the Sr. Director Brand Marketing, this
position is responsible for the development and successful
execution of the Brand strategy for assigned product lines. This
role is expected to be a business driver for the company. Having
accountability for assigned Product Lines and brands, this
individual will act as the hub for their select Product Lines /
Brand(s) and collaborate with sales, product development,
operations, digital marketing & marketing services, creative
services and other cross-functional teams to achieve successful
results.Strong leadership and relationship management skills are
essential - along with storytelling, strategic thinking and project
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all functions of the brand management discipline across
cross-functional teams for assigned product line(s).
- With direction from Management, create Line Plans / Line
Extension strategies and execute elements of the product
commercialization process, including close collaboration with the
product development team; assisting in driving the development
cycles against the product launch milestones; managing Product
Specs, costing targets, margin requirements while delivering
market-relevant product solutions that possess a strong price/value
- Identify and recommend consumer-focused product marketing
trends, competitive threats and new product and packaging
opportunities and strategies to drive growth of new and existing
- Act as the Brand/Product ambassador to both internal and
external constituencies for assigned product lines.
- Create reports and other materials to communicate updates and
changes to product lines and Brand Decks throughout the product
- Collaborate with the creative services team to drive packaging
and graphic design direction.
- Provide leadership to maintain the established visual
personality and brandprint for all assigned Brands.
- Manage the flow of information and communications with product
development and creative services teams and the Hong Kong
- Review and approve all product concepts and design
- Manage Product Line information flow to sales team, including
sales collateral materials, presentations, competitive set data,
marketing plans, and brand decks.
- Work with global sales team to support distribution channels,
including channel management initiatives inclusive of products and
promotions, in-store support, and key account sales presentations.
Participate in developing account-specific sales plans for assigned
Product Lines. Attend retailer business review meetings for key
accounts, when necessary.
- Manage all promotional and merchandising planning, collaborate
with marketing services team to execute all promotional
activities/activations, including PR, traditional media and all
social media platforms and amplifications.
- Track category trends and retail environments/channels; use
intel to illuminate priorities and Product Line planning.
- Direct the development and management of outbound
communications materials, including, creative briefs, Web copy,
e-commerce assets, trade show presentation and messaging, sales
collateral materials, print and digital media platforms.
- Monitor product activity at national accounts. Maintain an
understanding of online e-commerce activity. Ability to analyze
activity and provide product insights/ recommendations.
- Create and manage marketing plans, budgets and analysis for
assigned product lines.
- Collaborate with digital and social media marketing and sales
teams to ensure assigns product lines are properly represented on
- Prepare product concept Decks for presentation to Licensors for
assigned Product Lines/Brands.
- Collaborate with licensing team to maintain communication with
licensors. Work with licensors during brand planning and product
Full-time on-site position located at our company's headquarter
offices in Boca Raton, Florida.Our office is in-person Monday
through Thursday with the option to work from home on Friday.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in
- Must have 3-5 years of relevant marketing, brand or product
- Passionate individual who is a self-starter and can promote
best practices for brand planning and management.
- Proven experience in leading multiple strategic projects
involving internal and external resources/partners.
- Practical knowledge of the product development and
manufacturing functions as it relates to the product
- Must be able to demonstrate interest in toys and/or children's
entertainment products through professional or personal means.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
experience with Microsoft suite is required.
- Highly organized and efficient. Ability to thrive in a
fast-paced and time-sensitive environment. Easily adapt to shifts
in priorities; ability to manage several projects
- Ability to work effectively across different teams,
departments, and third parties.
- Experience selling /presenting to retail buyers, Toy category
- Experience in trade shows, product & lifestyle photography
shoots, consumer insights.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
OUR CORE VALUES!
- We Love Delivering WOW!
- Act with Integrity and Do the Right Thing.
- Inspire Passion for Creativity and Innovation.
- Be Disciplined to Create Lasting Impact.
- Play, Have Fun and Laugh Together.
- Embrace Humility.
- Pursue Growth and Learning.
- Hustle and Act with a Sense of Urgency.
- Commit to Excellence.
- Gratitude Keeps Us Grounded.
Keywords: Basic Fun!, Boca Raton , Brand Manager, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!