Benefits and Compliance Manager
Company: St Andrews Country Club
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job Summary:The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for
the day-to-day transactions and administration of the Human
Resources functions. Major areas of responsibility/management
include compensation/benefits, payroll, employee relations,
performance management, policy implementation, HRIS system, and
- Conducting periodic pay surveys; monitoring and scheduling
individual pay actions; implementing pay structure revisions.
- Manages and administers employee benefits programs by assessing
benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to
management; implementing open enrollment; managing the processing
of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids;
designing and conducting educational programs on benefits.
- Evaluate and oversee benefit administration, enrollment,
vacation, leave of absence, FMLA, Disability, and Workers'
- Administer the 401(k) plan and upload employee contribution
- Directly facilitate open employee communications to discern
issues and respond to the same in an appropriate manner.
- Handle day-to-day employee relations matters including
counseling, investigations, and coaching employees and managers in
a variety of situations under the guidance of the Director of
- Communication and organization of programs including employee
recognition, wellness, events, and other HR Programs.Performance
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work
results by training managers to coach and discipline employees;
scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and
resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and
recommending human resource policies and procedures.Employment Law
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing
applicable human resource federal and state requirements;
conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the
organization at hearings.HRIS System
- Ensure completion of a variety of HRIS and HR procedures as
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and ensures timely processing of
payroll, payroll reporting, PTO, timely submission of 401k
deferrals, and payroll-related entries and reconciliations.
Coordinates with the CFO or IT Manager for payroll-related
- Submit bi-weekly 401k information.Departmental
- Manages and maintains historical human resource records by
designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and
- Support and participate in broader HR initiatives and projects
and collaborate effectively across the HR department.
- Assist with administering the international petition and visa
procedures for H2B and J1 staffing.
- Manage the International Housing program between vendors,
staff, and the club.
- Assist with recruitment programs and strategies to successfully
staff and attract the best talent.Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years' human resource
experience, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any
similar combination of education and experience. Certification
credentials through SHRM or HRCI.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional people skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Strong management skills while also being able to manage the
day-to-day functions of the department.
- Prior experience in country club, resort/hotel, service
- Solid knowledge base of state and federal labor laws and
regulations, and HR principles and practices.
- Demonstrated experience with successful assessment, advice, and
resolution of employee relations matters.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Experience and/or familiarity with international hiring is a
strong plus.Physical Requirements:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and
walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.The
employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.Compensation:Salary is commensurate with
experience.This is a full-time position eligible for a full
Keywords: St Andrews Country Club, Boca Raton , Benefits and Compliance Manager, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!