Boca Raton VA Outpatient Clinic - Clinical Medical Director
Company: Valor Healthcare, Inc
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Family Practice-Geriatrics opening in Boca Raton, Florida. This
and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's
veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless
resolve. Valor Healthcare operates more than 50 VA Community Based
Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for
the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full
range of medical services to veterans through the operations of
CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical
centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care,
diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and
The Clinic Medical Director (CMD) is responsible for all clinical
aspects of their individual CBOC. The physician diagnoses and
treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and
delivers preventive treatment of primary care needs, including
chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical
examination and testing.
- $30,000 sign on bonus! Tied to a 2 year commitment.
- Great work lifestyle balance! No on call, weekends off, 11
federal holidays, and increasing PTO the longer you stay with
- Only 12-18 patients a day with a PACT team (RN, LPN, and MA) to
- Competitive pay! We offer based on experience and monitor
market trends to ensure we are providing a great rate for our
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, and more through Blue Cross
- Malpractice coverage.
- Annual performance reviews to discuss goals, raises, concerns,
- All physicians and mid levels have annual incentive plans tied
- Half a day for dedicated admin time a week.
- 10 extra personal days for anything you want a year!
- Great support system through clinic management peers, HR,
Recruiting department, all the way up to the executive level.
- Actively participate and oversee the diagnoses and treatment of
- Manage day to day medical operations, ensure high quality
clinical expectations, and provide exceptional customer
- Achieve and maintain excellent clinical outcomes through
periodic chart reviews, direct observation, and by abiding by VA
- Ensure all colleagues provide excellent customer service to
each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to
fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate managing the clinic's financial
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the
clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance,
when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits, or nurse
- Maintain staffing levels consistent with veteran enrollment,
contract terms, and to maintain clinical outcomes.• Review and
analyze reporting/responsiveness to alerts and
- Ensure that all clinic metrics are at or above the VA
- Emphasize attracting, coaching, mentoring, and retaining talent
through excellent communication, training, enforcing key
competencies, and performance management, when required.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working
relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional
Medical Director is kept informed of any significant
- Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether
clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives
that drive the success of the Valor Business.
- 4+ years clinical medical practice with healthcare management
experience preferred; government healthcare environment preferred;
specific requirements could vary based on individual VA
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board certified in family practice or internal
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the
Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment,
or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed
periodically as specified by the certifying agency – AHA valid for
two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, geriatric medicine jobs, geriatrician jobs,
gerontologist jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Valor Healthcare, Inc, Boca Raton , Boca Raton VA Outpatient Clinic - Clinical Medical Director, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!