Senior Director, Global Service, Information Technology
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 17, 2021
What you will do....
The Global Service Information Technology (IT) Leader is
accountable to plan and execute an IT strategy to enable JCI's
Global Service and Digital transformational efforts across the
enterprise. JCI's -$6B Global Service operation is enabled by
15,000 service personnel based in 2,000 locations across 150
countries, and provides HVAC, Building Controls, Fire Protection,
and Security Solutions for more than 4 million customers worldwide.
JCI's Global Service operations leadership model is a matrix of
enterprise-level leaders and business segment leaders. The business
segments are organized into 3 regions: North America; Europe,
Middle East, Africa, and Latin America (EMEALA), and Asia Pacific
How you will do it....
Attributes of the accountabilities of the Global Service IT
- Participate in enterprise-wide Global Service and Digital
transformational roadmap efforts including annual refreshes of
program plans, investment priorities, technology evaluations, and
- Construct an IT strategy and roadmap to enable advancement of
JCI's service capabilities including customer service intake,
remote service, service schedule and dispatch, service execution,
digital services delivery, and overall digital customer
- Cultivate continual alignment of Global Service target state
business processes and IT systems with JCI enterprise-wide
strategies, including leverage of technologies from Oracle,
Microsoft, and ServiceMax.
- Unify Global Service transformation strategies with
enterprise-wide Marketing, Sales, Installation, and Finance/ERP
strategies; and with North America, EMEALA, and APAC business
- Assemble, prioritize, and execute an annual IT investment
portfolio to advance service capabilities in alignment with Global
Service, North America, EMEALA, and APAC business priorities; and
with IT strategies and roadmaps.
- Facilitate continual alignment of Global Service, North
America, EMEALA, and APAC Business and IT Leaders to design and
leverage shared service practices, processes, technologies, and
- Serve as IT champion for enterprise-level Global Service
transformation programs to:
- Manage scope, business case, integrated plan, budget,
dependencies, issues and actions, risks and mitigations,
operational cadences, stakeholder management, and executive status
- Champion creation, analysis, and verification of an end-to-end
business process, data flow, and IT systems architecture.
- Lead all IT personnel on programs to meet scope, schedule,
budget, and solution quality commitments.
- Manage overall IT staffing and funding resources, including
internal and external parties.
- Facilitate an operational cadence aligning all IT leads
including IT Business Partners, IT Solution Delivery Leads, and
Architecture Leads to execute unified program plans.
- Assert engagement with IT Operations to ensure solution sets
meet JCI operational standards, stabilize during hypercare period,
and are dependable in production use.
- Assert engagement with Information Security and Data Privacy to
ensure solution sets comply with all JCI cybersecurity and data
- Ensure consistent execution of all IT activities across the
program life cycle including design, build, test, hypercare, and
Track, assess, and manage cost, cycle time, and quality of external
partners' performance on IT activities.
What we look for....
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
- 15+ years in leadership positions leading complex,
technology-powered business transformation efforts.
- Experience across multiple IT disciplines including Business-IT
Engagement, IT Solution Delivery, and Program Management.
- Experience with a broad set of business processes and IT
systems including Oracle Service, Oracle Field Service, Oracle
Project Management, Oracle ERP, ServiceMax, and Microsoft
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams across cultures,
regions and geographies.
- Experience leading teams consisting of internal and external
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organizational
structure to achieve business outcomes.
- Experience in leveraging formal governance mechanisms to guide
alignment of business and IT strategies, construct investment
roadmaps, and execution transformation programs.
- Experience in general management practices (organizational,
financial, and operational management).
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation
- Openness to travel up to 20% of the time.
Reporting Alignment: This position reports to the Commercial and
Service Vice President of IT.
Financial Accountability: The enterprise-wide Service IT investment
portfolio is -US$50 million per annum.
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Boca Raton , Senior Director, Global Service, Information Technology, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!