SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL COMPLIANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
Company: IRISE Spine & Joint
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Why join our iRISE team?iRISE Spine & Joint is a place for
compassionate and committed individuals to exercise and develop
their passion for providing excellent health care services. Our
vision is to be the preferred comprehensive treatment provider for
the injured across the U.S. Why should you join our winning team of
employees across the state of Florida and Tennessee? Because, we
- A team that invests the time and resources to foster your
growth as a health care professional.
- An environment that encourages health care research for more
efficient patient care.
- The opportunity for you to work with the latest technology and
- The advantage of being a part of a nation-wide family of
professionals with shared interests who work together to reach a
common goal of better health for people in Florida.Must be based in
South Florida, and be able to travel to clinic locations, as
needed. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus!At iRISE, we are
passionate about healthcare and compassionate about helping people
restore their quality of life. If you share the same drive to help
people find relief from chronic pain, push the limits of healthcare
technology and create a patient-centric environment where our
patients can thrive, then we want you to join our team. As a
multi-modality spine and joint practice, we use advanced technology
to help our patients feel better and get back to the physical
activities most important to them. Our goal is not just to heal our
patients, but to empower each patient with the resources they need
to maintain their quality of life even after treatment. We're here
to change the game by creating a space where our patients feel
fully empowered and in control of their healthcare experience, and
where they have the guidance of the best spine and joint
specialists to help them on their road to recovery. iRISE employs
over 30 providers within 18 clinics to work together to deliver the
most advanced integrated care in Florida and Tennessee. In recent
years, our team of more than 200 employees has experienced
exponential growth, and we have an exciting 2021 growth plan. If
you are chosen to join our team, you can enjoy the following
benefits of being an iRISE team member:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) plan
- An environment that recognizes all aspects of employee well
- A company culture that encourages and empowers employees to
continually growDo you think you have what it takes to join the
iRISE team? Check out our current opportunity for a Senior Director
of Clinical Compliance & Risk Management at our Corporate location
in Boca Raton, FL (presently working partial remote), and send in
your application. We look forward to hearing from you
soon!OVERVIEW: The Senior Director of Clinical Compliance and Risk
Management will be responsible for creating organizational clinical
and compliance policies and procedures in collaboration with the VP
Operations and other leaders, as well as other miscellaneous tasks.
The Senior Director of Clinical Compliance and Risk Management is
both a medical and health services manager, who manages in both
administrative and medical capacities with the use of
evidence-based practices producing high quality of care outcomes
and a continuity of patient care.Reporting to the VP Operations and
serving as a member of the Management Team along with the CEO and
other leaders, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring
organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the
organization's clinical and regulatory/compliance functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to
the development and implementation of organizational strategies,
policies and practices. This position will also interact with the
Medical/Physician Team and outside referrers to the
practice.Furthermore, the Senior Director of Clinical Compliance
and Risk Management provides leadership, direction and ongoing
administration and management for all aspects of the clinical,
compliance, and risk practices and ensures policies and procedures
are implemented for efficient, effective management. This position
evaluates quality of patient care and patient outcomes related to
infection prevention and control; collects and reports information,
and leads the QAPI committee as it relates to infections and
infection prevention, monitors employee program compliance;
maintains program and documentation for compliance with Infection
Prevention/Control monitoring, recording, and reporting
requirements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: General
Clinical Services and Administrative responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the delivery of a multi-disciplinary
approach to clinical care and nursing within clinical aspect of
- Participates in clinical/nursing/allied/medical assistant/etc.
employee selection through interviewing and the hiring process.
Directs all clinical personnel according to office philosophy and
objectives, in partnership with other members of leadership
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, including an
initiative geared toward clinical and compliance excellence.
- Assist in the develop, implement and oversee overall financial
management, planning, systems and controls of clinical and
- Management of budget in coordination with the Vice President of
Operations and Controller or CFO.
- Regular meetings with other members of the management team and
the Medical Director around fiscal planning and clinical
operational issues, such as the provision of patient care, scopes
of practice, evidenced-based clinical practices.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of
organization's clinical and compliance operations, including
meeting financial performance, financial and operational goals.
Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating monthly and year-end
- Other duties as assignedRegulatory Compliance responsibilities:
- Ensures entire organization adheres to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Presents findings and recommendations on
matters involving specific follow-up and compliance, when
necessary, and ensures appropriate follow-up is completed to ensure
ongoing compliance by all staff and leaders.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and
accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- Identifies and recommends a course of action for approval to
the leadership team on organizational and/or operational problems
requiring intervention or resolution.
- Provides oversight and accountability for all related AHCA and
TJC requirements. Will assign clinical, technical or administrative
responsibilities to others regarding the preparation and response
to all standards identified in both the accreditation and
regulatory matters.Functions regarding Patient Care: Provides
oversight for a multitude of patient care processes including:
- Provide oversight to the Director of Clinical Services and the
clinical staff, including but not limited to training, advice and
- Support and advise on efficient clinical practice of clinical
staff ensuring appropriate skill mix to promote high standard of
- Review and recommend alterations in prescribed clinical options
regarding current and new protocol driven guidelines.
- Review clinical documentation and maintain standards with
regards to practice policy on documentation including educating
staff and providers to documentation standards.
- Identify the training needs of clinical staff and facilitate
how to appropriately meet those needs.
- Facilitate clinical practice training, in line with iRISE's
values, as required.
- Designs, plans, deploys, and ensures the essential clinical
competencies of clinical staff are verified.
- Other duties as assigned Risk Management responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a performance measurement work plan and
reporting calendar to ensure timely data collection, aggregation,
analysis, and reporting of established performance measures related
to key operational and clinical processes and outcomes.
- Oversees a corporate-wide Quality and Risk Management/incident
reporting program, and annual evaluation of the Program's
- Develops and oversees processes for internal incident
- Reviews incident reports and conducts follow up investigations
- Leads improvement teams through the Plan Do Study Act cycle, or
similar process and reports on trends and outcomes.
- Walks through and conducts reviews/audits for each clinical
location/facility to observe and seek input from staff to assess
- Recommend and organize staff training program that will
- Maintain and manage all incident reports and peer review
- Work with Physician/PA's on identifying potential areas of risk
with patient care.
- Work with team to manage high risk patients.
- Present Risk Management report to the Board on a quarterly
basisQuality Improvement and Quality Assessment Program
- Assists and recommends procedures to promote quality assurance
activities to monitor patient satisfaction, safety practices, and
practice compliance with regulations or operational policies.
- Heading the Quality Assurance (QIQA) Committee, the Patient
Safety Committee & Med Staff Dinner Meeting.
- Ensures proper development/maintenance of a Board approved
QI/QA program, leads the QAIC meetings, and ensures ongoing
monitoring/reporting to the Board meetings.
- With directions and guidance from the Medical Director,
outcomes and trends will be analyzed; goals will be revised as
projected outcomes and targets are achieved.
- Improve the clinical operational systems, processes and
policies in support of practice's mission -- specifically, support
better patient care, regulatory compliance, and business
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of patient
care as well as well as practice revenue, through improvements to
each clinical function as well as coordination and communication
between operational and business functions.Infection
- Reviews Infection Prevention/Control and health principles,
standards, laws, rules and regulations. Ensures the facility and IP
program benefits from acquired knowledge.
- Recommends action to achieve compliance with requirements for
the outpatient health care setting.
- Participates in the development of IP related facility policies
- Participates in IP-related orientation programs for new
- Participates in the development of IP-related continuing
education programs for employees.
- Develops data collection and evaluation systems to improve
facility IP outcomes and program management.Credentialing
- Provides oversight and leadership to ensure all credentialing
functions are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides oversight and support to the credentialing and medical
- Assists with the selection and ongoing relationship with all
Medical Staff and Medical Staff functions.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE,
- Bachelor's Degree required, with preference in Healthcare
Administration, Nursing or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in the clinical field as
well as administrative/management/infection control/compliance
arenas. Must have a minimum of three (3) year's experience in
leading/managing clinical operations.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of multi-disciplinary
clinical practices, federal/state regulatory
practices/requirements, infection prevention practices, and medical
- In-depth knowledge of AHCA and The Joint Commission standards
and regulatory requirements.
- Prefer experience with multi-specialty healthcare locations or
physician practice groups
- Interest and/or experience in collaboration with
interdisciplinary health teams.
- Possesses medical/clinical/administrative skills at a high
level of competency.
- Training/experience in infection control/prevention
- Training/experience in Risk management preferredCERTIFICATES,
- Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner currently licensed to
practice in the state.
- Must have graduated from an approved nursing program and have
passed a national licensing examination.
- Current BLS certification
- Certification in Infection Prevention, desired (CIC)
- Supervisory responsibilities include oversight of all clinical
staff functions. While direct reporting relationship may be
alternatively assigned, this position possesses administrative
oversight of all clinical staff, and therefore, has the authority
to provide any level of managerial or administrative direction.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and
major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management
- Budget development and oversight experience preferred
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical
standards and a diverse workplace
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word,
outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations
management implementing best practices.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative
work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environmentPHYSICAL
DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Requires frequent and constant judgment for timely response to
infection prevention, investigation, control and health
- Requires language skills adequate for effective written and
interpersonal communication in American English
- Requires visual and auditory acuity adequate for frequent use
of word computers and occasional use of other business office
- Ability to sit for long periods, overhead and low reaching,
bending, desk activities and ability to exert force of up to 10
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients,
personnel, and support agencies
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception
and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach
with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to travel and sit for extended period
of time in a vehicle.
Keywords: IRISE Spine & Joint, Boca Raton , SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL COMPLIANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!