Business Office Manager (FT) - Boca Raton Outpatient Surgery
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: February 13, 2021
Location: US-FL-Boca Raton# of Openings: 1Category: OtherSystem
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provide operational support to the facility by performing various
business office functions. These functions are to include (but not
limited to): Human Resources, Medical Records, Credentialing,
Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Clinical
Logs, month end reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the Business Office team and functions to ensure our
operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Responsible for direct supervision of non-medical personnel,
including orientation, ongoing coaching and annual evaluations
- Responsible for human resource procedures
- As a working manager, is the backup to all business office
- Ensures that administrative and accounting procedures are
carried out timely and accurately and monitors reports
- Responsible for office supplies and equipment and is main
contact for building maintenance items
- Acts as liaison with billing company, building maintenance and
housekeeping companies which includes contract evaluation and
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll
and forward to corporate for processing.
- Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the
overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to
- Works closely with the Administrator to promote the utilization
of the Surgery Center.
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation and implementation
of the terms of contracts with all third-party payers.
- Answers telephone as needed
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and in operating
equipment on an annual basis
- Performs other miscellaneous administrative duties as
- Minimum of an Associate degree (Bachelors preferred)
- 5 years of experience in a medically- related environment
required- surgery center experience a plus
- Supervisor of non-medical teammates required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Experience with patient admissions, scheduling, medical office
- An understanding of how insurance processes work including the
verification process required
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and
- Experience with SharePoint and Survey monkey preferred but not
- Good communication skills and phone etiquette.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Boca Raton , Business Office Manager (FT) - Boca Raton Outpatient Surgery, Executive , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!